Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

bouncer chair

(19 Posts)
Naomip88 Mon 09-Feb-15 18:22:44

Hi has anyone got any recommendations for a bouncy chair? I have a 1 week old dd and I think she'd enjoy it! I'd like one that vibrates at a mid range sort of price (£30-£60). Also at what age are these appropriate? My brother put their dd in one when she was a few days old but this seems a bit early to me?

angel24711 Mon 09-Feb-15 20:16:31

A couple of my friends warned me off the vibrating chairs as their babies ended up relying on the vibrations to settle them. Then they had a nightmare trying to transfer a sleeping baby from chair to cot/moses basket
I had the babybjorn babysitter it was brilliant, I think you can get them second hand for about your price range. I'd rank it as one of the best things we bought for DS as he loved it and enjoyed bouncing himself, and he would happily sit in it/ snooze when ever I needed to put him down. Well worth the money.

NickyEds Mon 09-Feb-15 20:30:32

We had a Fisher Price Woodsy Friends bouncer and it was a total life saver! Ds loved it and he actually fit in it despite being a tiddler (a cheaper one was just too flimsy and he didn't have enough weight to be comfy). It was about £45 and worth every penny, especially since we had a woodland themed nursery. We'll be digging it out for number 2 in a few months.

TarkaTheOtter Mon 09-Feb-15 20:33:45

I bought the baby bjorn one second hand too. It's amazing, almost good enough to justify the ridiculous price new. My ds is generally hard to please but he loved it. Took long naps in it as well as happy just sitting in it. He's always been quite windy and when he was really unsettled it was the only place he would sleep.

LissieD Mon 09-Feb-15 20:43:04

We have a fisher price one too. A rainforest one I think. I would recommend it. DS is 7 weeks and enjoys sitting in it for 5-10 mins now. He looks a lot more comfy in it than the cheap Bright Starts one we had for DD. He doesn't sleep in it. It's just a safe place to pop him while i do a bit of cooking or have to do something for DD and he's happier in it than the Moses basket if he's alert and awake now he's starting to take a vague interest in the world.

stargirl1701 Mon 09-Feb-15 20:48:06

We had a vibrating chair for DD1 and ditched it. DD2 has the Stokke bouncer - LOVE it!

Only1scoop Mon 09-Feb-15 20:49:23

Had a bloom coco lounger when dd was tiny then had the rainforest fisher price....both lovely

MrsC2810 Mon 09-Feb-15 20:50:23

We have the fisher price one too. Our nearly 5mth has been in it since around 1mth and likes it. We rarely used the vibrations, it seems to annoy him. He was a big baby so he is almost growing out of it already grin

JuniDD Mon 09-Feb-15 20:52:05

We have the fisher price woodland friends & the cosatto one. The cosatto one is probably better from small to older. We only have the vibration on if she needs distracting for a minute.

Smitten1981 Mon 09-Feb-15 20:54:01

I got an expensive one that was awful Fisher Price's Woodsy Friends bouncer all the way. My baby loved it!

MrsBojingles Mon 09-Feb-15 21:43:52

We have a fisher price rainforest one. DD loves it. Probably used it from 1 month on.

FoxHugs Tue 10-Feb-15 01:33:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chips1999 Tue 10-Feb-15 01:43:30

I have a Fisher Price one, I don't think it matters if you just get a cheap no frills one as long as it bounces it will do the job! There's a Bright Starts one at our local playgroup and DD is happy in there smile

SavoyCabbage Tue 10-Feb-15 01:48:00

The Baby bjorn chair is fantastic as it's actually bouncy. When the baby waves it's arms or legs then the chair moves, which they enjoy, so they do it again. Thus wearing them out a bit so they sleep longer! Which is what it's all about.

squizita Tue 10-Feb-15 09:58:02

Team fisher price! Good value and sturdy! smile

Slongette Tue 10-Feb-15 10:21:38

Team baby bjorn baby sitter - had a refluxy baby and this was a life saver. He LOVED bounce, bounce, bounce!

FoxHugs Tue 10-Feb-15 11:06:09

Chips1999 Tue 10-Feb-15 11:48:34

Our fisher price chair is still going strong after 3 years confused

FoxHugs Thu 12-Feb-15 23:15:07

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: