Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Baby's dental care

(5 Posts)
FoxHugs Mon 09-Feb-15 01:03:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tinymeteor Mon 09-Feb-15 01:26:14

Good topic, I'd like to know the answer too...

Eminybob Mon 09-Feb-15 03:55:40

I started brushing DS's teeth as soon as the first one came through at nearly 6 months.

Just put a tiny bit of toothpaste on the brush and aim for the tooth as best you can. DS is used to it now so lets me but at first he moaned a bit. Sometimes I let him take the brush and chew on it himself.

In my area its recommended to use adult toothpaste due to low fluoride (I think?) in the water, but get advice on that from your dentist.

I just took DS for his first dental check up last week, at nearly 7 months old, (he has 2 teeth now) and he just had a quick look and recommended brushing twice a day and come back in 6 months.

fattymcfatfat Mon 09-Feb-15 08:19:09

I started when they had their first tooth aswell. we are recommended to use adult toothpaste aswell as banh toothpaste doesnt contain the flouride they need and there isnt enough in the water. definitely check with you hv about toothpaste. I didnt when ds was little and he now has to have a flouride gel on his teeth every three months sad

NickyEds Mon 09-Feb-15 10:00:28

I gave ds a toothbrush to play with (supervised)from 4 months ish and brushed his teeth when he got one! We brushed them twice a day but only once a day with toothpaste until he was one then both times with toothpaste after that. We've always used baby (aged 0-2) toothpaste. He hates it with a passion.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: