Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Can buggies still go in black cabs?

(6 Posts)
squizita Thu 05-Feb-15 20:44:16

I have 2 buggies (and a sling but tge cold has got into my back grrr hence this thread). One is a standard travel system one (Mothercare)- heavy but super comfy. The other is a Silver Cross Pop (Maclaren style). I bought the pop so I could use it on trains/buses.

I'm going into central London tomorrow and was going to use the sling/carry the folded stroller but my back is killing me.

I can get the overground step free from a local station to Paddington.
If I can then use a black cab to my destination I understand from old threads this was ok a few years back - is it still ok now? They used to just strap them in like wheelchairs from what I understand?

I am very pfb/anxious about taking dd up an escalator or steps without someone "spotting" the bottom as I hold the top of the stroller (she's 4 months, it has good straps, reclines and is light enough). shock

If black cabs take buggies that would be so amazing.

NormHonal Thu 05-Feb-15 20:51:22

Last time I took a Maclaren into London yes, it went in the body of the black cab unfolded. Trying to remember when that was, possibly 18 months ago?

I've also taken a Bugaboo Cameleon into a black cab unfolded, but that was years ago.

I don't remember strapping them in...

fishfingerSarnies Thu 05-Feb-15 20:56:28

I think you can, but personally I'd feel much safer on the tube with baby in buggy than in a cab without a car seat. I live in London though so have been negotiating the tubes with a buggy for 2 years no, and am always nervous in cars/cabs.

Gunpowder Thu 05-Feb-15 21:02:55

I take DD in black cabs strapped in her buggy lots. They don't strap the buggy in though.

squizita Thu 05-Feb-15 21:16:35

Thanks - will definitely consider thar as an option!! If not this time another time. grin

The old thread I found on taking buggies on stairs/escalators scared me shitless I'm sorry to say. Like instant death falls! sad Even though half the posters saying that admitted they'd never seen an accident.

I think I'd be ok with plain old stairs. Might just go with that!

When my backs up to using the sling life will be easy again! grin

FamiliesShareGerms Thu 05-Feb-15 21:19:21

Yes you can

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: