Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

How to make baby laugh out loud?

(16 Posts)
TaytoCrisp Thu 05-Feb-15 20:35:22

My 4 month old will guffaw loudly in response to

i) an exaggerated atchoooo!!!!
And ii) seeing me blow bubbles through the bubble stick while she is having her bath ( she is more interested in my bubble face and sounds than the actual bubbles)..

I am wondering what makes your small baby laugh out loud so I can try it to coax a few more laughs out of my little one.

Quitelikely Thu 05-Feb-15 20:36:53

Raspberries on tummy?

SparklyReindeerShit Thu 05-Feb-15 20:39:21

Crazy hairstyles (mine)
Clapping her hands (wind the bobbin)

TaytoCrisp Thu 05-Feb-15 23:22:10

She smiles for tummy raspberries and peekaboo but no hearty laugh (think we have serious genes in this family!). Will try hairstyles and clapping tomorrow - many thanks.

Snapespotions Thu 05-Feb-15 23:25:02

For some reason, dd used to laugh out loud whenever she saw my mum! We never found out what was so funny, but it gave my mum quite a complex. grin

CalpolOnToast Thu 05-Feb-15 23:26:01

Comical types of dogs like bassethounds
Big kids of 9 or so

BehindEveryCloud Thu 05-Feb-15 23:26:10

Tickling: under arms, tummy and inner thighs!

BehindEveryCloud Thu 05-Feb-15 23:26:35

Oh and "woof woof" dog sounds

306235388 Thu 05-Feb-15 23:26:39

Dd used to laugh hysterically if anyone else said 'bib' which, as you can imagine, was fairly frequently .

Also, everything her brother did was amazingly, incredibly and hysterically funny. He developed quite the ego.

Allstoppedup Thu 05-Feb-15 23:31:48

At 4 months mine would only do it for thigh tickles, raspberries and being held high above my face and brought down to funny faces and whoops/noises!

He's 13 months and can still be a buggar to get a chuckle out of unless he's in the mood but now he likes being chased, flung around like a loon by DP to the point of borderline endangerment! and pretending to be incredulous about something he's done grin

Raspberries and thigh tickles still do the trick too!

It's the best sound in the world isn't it! I still feel like a rock star every time I make DS giggle! grin

Allstoppedup Thu 05-Feb-15 23:34:29

* that's ME pretending to be incredulous...usually when he's being cheeky!

TaytoCrisp Thu 05-Feb-15 23:58:49

Thanks! Will try the thigh tickles, doggie sounds and peeping tomorrow!

pipnchops Fri 06-Feb-15 03:42:00

My almost 4 month old laughs when I pretend to eat her feet with really loud chomping noises then look up at her and make exaggerated licking lips noises and say yum yum. Guaranteed laugh every time, even if she's on the verge of crying! I have to really exaggerate the eating noises though which kind of hurts my throat!

pipnchops Fri 06-Feb-15 03:46:53

She (my DH) makes me laugh by poking her head around the door with a really deadpan expression when I'm cleaning my teeth, it's so funny when I spot her in the mirror, usually I hear her heavy breathing first!

lornathewizzard Fri 06-Feb-15 15:12:06

Munching her all over, waving the bin bag about (although sometimes this also makes her cry!) and also clapping near her face. She likes a wee fright for some reason.

bigTillyMint Fri 06-Feb-15 15:15:26

This has reminded me how DS used to shake with laughter at DD (19 months older) as she did silly things and played with him. He said her name first too (an easy one for a baby)

He still adores her (most of the timewink) and they are teens now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now