Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Did you feed your babies as soon as they woke up, or waited a bit?

(7 Posts)
Annarose2014 Thu 05-Feb-15 16:19:08

DS is 3 months. It occurred to me today that I just automatically feed him upon waking at 6.45am, even though he feeds around 3.30/4am and certainly doesn't wake up looking for food or anything. Actually, now that I think about it, he might not be particularly hungry at all as he's all smiles and fun. I just feed him straight away cos.....um...well it never occurred to me not to?

Should I wait till he's actually hungry? It might push out his morning nap a bit which at the mo is no later than 8am, so literally about an hour after waking.

(Yes, may be overthinking this.....)

Bellyrub1980 Thu 05-Feb-15 18:09:44

I have a 3 month old and do the exact same. She's all smiles in the morning. Might wait till she asks for it tomorrow... Just to see

Littlef00t Thu 05-Feb-15 18:13:05

I suggest waiting a bit. I started feeding straight away when dd started sleeping through as she was starving, but now she won't tolerate anything before feed and is really grumpy until she's eaten now, even though I don't think she's so hungry.

moggle Thu 05-Feb-15 18:48:33

I used to feed 3m DD as soon as she woke, but now she's more expressive (and I'm more lazy) I've found in the morning she'll lie there for a good half hour chattering to herself before getting bored and whinging; then after that I usually get out of bed and wash and dress her before feeding her. So sometimes it's almost an hour before she feeds, and even then she usually isn't crying for it. Definitely worth a try waiting a bit.

Mrscog Thu 05-Feb-15 21:49:27

No harm in leaving it, but napping after 1-2 hours of wakefulness is completely normal for such a young baby.

Annarose2014 Fri 06-Feb-15 18:03:00

Thanks all - waited till 7.30am this morning and he didn't even notice! And then he didn't need a nap until 8.30am which is better for his morning. Definately the way forward. smile

Bellyrub1980 Fri 06-Feb-15 20:06:05

Well I completely forgot the plan!! Will try again tomorrow smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: