Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Amber for teething

(6 Posts)
Zebragiraffes Wed 04-Feb-15 23:50:49

Has anyone used Amber necklaces/bracelets for teething, and if so, did they help?

TIA

pookamoo Wed 04-Feb-15 23:53:56

Seemed to work on my very dribbly DD2. I'm not woo, no idea how or why it works, but what sold it to me is that in Hungary apparently they are sold in pharmacies next to the calpol this may not be true !

DD wore hers for a few months, not really at night, but her problem was mainly dribble and soaking her clothes, rather than pain.

Jenny1231990 Thu 05-Feb-15 09:45:17

I bought some after a recommendation of a friend.
I got the anklets as can cover with a pair of tights. I don't like the thought of a necklace.
However I chose the wrong size, so needing to sent back cos me about £15 but small price to pay if they works x

butterfly86 Thu 05-Feb-15 13:50:15

Dd has worn an amber anklet for a few months now and I think it's helped a lot she isn't as dribbly and doesn't seem in pain just likes to bite things, the only time it comes off is bathtime then I put it straight back on. I don't like the idea of the necklaces though at least with the anklet I can cover it with tights or socks.

CultureSucksDownWords Thu 05-Feb-15 14:41:19

They may help you feel better about teething, but they won't do anything for your child. They have no effect and if they did they would have to be sold and controlled as a medical treatment.

There is a small risk of strangling/choking on the necklace so I wouldn't leave one on your child unsupervised eg overnight.

helloelo Thu 05-Feb-15 14:56:13

I liked this article when I was researching this subject :
scienceornot.net/2012/10/30/amber-necklaces-and-teething-babies/
As a result, I might still use it BUT like homeopathic remedies, mainly to settle my PFB syndrom.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: