Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Please tell me it gets better!

(9 Posts)
Rosedust Sat 31-Jan-15 18:20:56

So DS2 is three weeks old and DS1 is 3.6. Over the last week, DS1 behaviour has got more and more challenging - and he is having lots of wee accidents after being potty trained for a good few months.

I know this is due to the arrival of DS2...but it's not making it easier to deal with!

Hoping to hear that others have found this phase a short one... fingers crossed!

We've got a reward chart that works most of the time, but it's still so draining!

CoupdeFoudre Sat 31-Jan-15 18:21:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rosedust Sat 31-Jan-15 18:24:15

Gin would be good...but am breastfeeding on demand in no particular pattern at the moment sad Maybe I could trick my brain with alcohol free wine instead smile

CoupdeFoudre Sat 31-Jan-15 20:56:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Katekoom Sun 01-Feb-15 07:26:43

I only have the 3week old to contend with and thats enough hard work on its own.
The reward chart seems a good idea. Only other things that occur are making sure visitors fuss ds1 and sometimes, if say ds1 needs a drink but baby is crying then leave baby and say 'oh dear, silly baby' and carry on helping ds1.
These may be entirely crap ideas.
Good luck!

hellsbells99 Sun 01-Feb-15 07:30:28

But then they become teenagers and start going to parties etc.....and then the 'fun' really begins.......good luck! wink

Rinkydinkypink Sun 01-Feb-15 07:56:51

Yes it gets easier! It's never a breeze but it becomes less of a tornado. My dd, youngest is now 18months and it's significantly easier. They are also more fun together.

Gwinnieneedsapie Sun 01-Feb-15 10:16:16

Phew not just me then! I've Ds2 and DD11wks. Yesterday was HORRIBLE, we all have colds so no going out, DS was throwing tantrums at the drop of a hat, even when we braved playing in the garden. Agh. I keep reminding myself that all the phases pass eventually.
I'm on the alcohol free Becks at the moment - it's just enough like beer to make me feel like a grown up!!
I guess we'll just have to hang in there Rosedust!

Rosedust Sun 01-Feb-15 10:23:30

It's comforting to know it's normal at least! I'm trying really hard to be positive and smiley with DS1... even whilst he is shouting/giving DS2 manic kisses smile

Silver lining is that he is really positive about DS2. He's a very proud big brother so I think that's the angle I need to exploit!

We're going to stay with my mum & dad next week so that'll be good for us all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: