Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

single muslim mum

(6 Posts)
Scribble123 Thu 29-Jan-15 13:59:08

Hi all.
Ok so this is a really dark depressing post.
I have a beautiful 2 year old and pregnant 4 months. I had a beautiful marriage for three years with my husband but despite our domestic arguments the inlaws have escalated it so am currently at the brink of divorce.
is anyone going through anything similar or has gone through it. Advice?
Im looking at flats to move into. I have awesome family support. But because they havnt been through it I don't think they get the emotional trauma.
This is the toughest thing I have ever faced.
I used to work full time as a successful designer in London for fashion retailers like topshop etc .and now just feel like I'm a worthless piece of shit!!! Easily disposed. I can go on and on but it would just be grateful to hear from others esp muslims who understand

silverandblack Thu 29-Jan-15 14:26:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

beeny Thu 29-Jan-15 14:29:19

Hi I'm a muslim lawyer and understand to some extent how you feel. There is so much ingrained from an early age about what makes you successful its easy to feel like rubbish even if its not your fault. Do you know someone sensible who could speak to your husband? x

Scribble123 Thu 29-Jan-15 14:59:02

Thanks so much for the kind words silver and black. Means alot.

Beeny. The problem with my husband is that my inlaws have stirred up alot of resentment between us to the point where he has seen absolutely no good in anythibg I did for him. I have tried to get a lot of people speak to him but his mother has such influence over him. There are two sides to a story but I know for sure the complaints they have about me is not something you would divorce over. He is the one who wanted his baby so bad and now he doesn't even aknowledge it's existence. He has nothing to say.
He is so confused. Says I still love you and miss you but I have to leave you. Quite bi polar behaviour.He just wants some kind on custody over my 2 year old. He's mentioned mediation but I'm not so clued up on law. I don't mind him meeting but I don't want my child at the inlaws house. They have very volatile personalities with the shouting swearing etc. I don't really know what my rights are.
It's all so crazy. I want to divorce my inlaws not my husband!!

Scribble123 Thu 29-Jan-15 15:00:38

oh sorry please see above !!

beeny Thu 29-Jan-15 15:10:59

Your welcome. I really feel for you sick of hearing about crap in laws. If you need advice you can send me a private message. It sounds like he is very immature or bi - polar. xx Keep a diary of there crazy antics regarding contact.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: