Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

stopping teeth grinding!?

(6 Posts)
shmuf Wed 28-Jan-15 17:52:22

Ds is 10mo,has two teeth on the bottom,one on the top with another coming through. In the past few days he has perfected the art of grinding his teeth. How do I stop this!?for one thing,I'm sure it can't be good for his teeth, and for another the noise it makes is just horrible it goes right through me!
tips anyone?

plipplops Thu 29-Jan-15 03:56:48

Don't worry about it. DD who's 7 used to do it a lot, and still does occasionally (esp when she's tired or sleeping). I asked the dentist the other day in case there was anything they could do and he said it was really normal, they grow out of it and not to worry.

The noise is awful though!

shmuf Thu 29-Jan-15 04:35:44

Thanku for the reassurance!

stressbucket1 Thu 29-Jan-15 06:43:21

My DD started a couple of months ago as her top teeth were coming through but when they had come through completely she just stopped. Maybe he will stop when it comes through. It is a horrible sound

shmuf Thu 29-Jan-15 12:22:43

U give me hope stressbucket!

anothernumberone Thu 29-Jan-15 12:26:04

I don't know if this is going to help but I don't think you necessarily grow out of it. I still do it and my dentist said it is very common in adults. There is a gum shield that I am considering getting but the evidence supporting it is not conclusive. Dd2 does it too. :-(

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: