Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Bloody bedtimes

(4 Posts)
teacher54321 Sun 25-Jan-15 18:59:33

2 1/2 year old Ds. Pain in the bum at bedtime for me-perfect for GPs and dh. We've had the same routine since day 1-milk, bath, pjs, teeth, stories, bed. No nap any more and usually in bed by 6.45pm. I've just had half an hour of mad running around flinging things and total refusal to listen to any stories or have any cuddles, leading to me eventually him bundling into his bed and leaving him. Why is he so naughty for me?!

bagofsnakes Sun 25-Jan-15 19:58:43

I hear you! Why does my son hit me but never his father?? I'm at a loss but back to the sleep thing. Could he be over tired? You said he doesn't nap anymore but if he's going through a growth spurt, maybe he needs one? Our DS is 2.7, naps for an hour, sometimes an hour and a half and goes to bed at 7.30. On the odd occasion that he doesn't nap we really notice as he becomes a little terror! As you said he's fine with DH and GPs, maybe this isn't the case but maybe worth giving him a little nap a try.

fizzycolagurlie Mon 26-Jan-15 01:36:04

I agree it sounds like it could be a case of being over-tired. What does he eat before bed? Does he need milk still at 2.5 - sorry I might be out of touch on this point... If the food he's eating has any sugar in it, even fruit like bananas etc that could be too much late in the day and set him off on a wild dervish like spin. Worth having a look at these things, in case there's a hidden trigger.

LucidCamel Mon 26-Jan-15 01:55:17

Why is he so naughty for me?!

Because he's

2 1/2 year old

It's not me with mine, it's not you with yours. It's them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now