Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Newborn photography for unwell newborn (London)

(5 Posts)
time2deal Wed 21-Jan-15 19:26:05

Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this, but I'm trying to find a photographer in London who can do a sensitive shoot in a London hospital for an extremely unwell newborn.

I know there is an organisation who can arrange stillborn photos, but I can't get them to respond via Facebook and the actual website is only US focussed.

Could anyone recommend a photographer who may be happy to do this? Or offer their own services?

Thanks

gallicgirl Wed 21-Jan-15 19:32:24

Would Bliss know of anyone?

time2deal Wed 21-Jan-15 19:35:46

It's not something listed on their website but might drop them a line. Good idea.

StoryOfMyLife Wed 21-Jan-15 19:38:54

I'm sorry someone you know is going through this difficult time.

Have you spoken to the hospital? I volunteer for my local sands (stillborn and neonatal death charity) and we fund our women and children's hospital (not London) to send midwives and other staff to do a photography course for this very purpose. They (or their bereavement midwives) may have some experience.

You could contact sands directly on their helpline and see if they know of anyone. NILMDTS does operate in the UK but that's a shame you've not been able to get in touch with them.

I hope you find someone who can help.

ChatEnOeuf Thu 22-Jan-15 17:06:40

Try this You can put a UK postcode in, and the photographers are listed? NILMDTS do unwells as well as stillborns.

Otherwise, you may find the NICU or labour ward at the hospital know of a photographer who they use regularly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: