Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

is it normal for a baby not to be sick??

(17 Posts)
silverandblack Wed 21-Jan-15 16:12:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 21-Jan-15 16:15:55

DD vommed once. She is now three and has had two tummy bug spews in the last year.

DS is 3mo and voms lots.

longtallsally2 Wed 21-Jan-15 16:17:29

Neither of mine were vomiters as babies, so don't panic. The time will come . . . .

elelfrance Wed 21-Jan-15 16:19:18

Mine is 16 months, and i think spit up about 3 times in all that time. Some of them aren't spewers grin
If she's eating ok, wetting & poo-ing nappies, then you're grand

Threesoundslikealot Wed 21-Jan-15 16:21:15

My eldest has only ever thrown up through travel sickness, and a vomiting bug that lasted one evening. She is almost 4.

strawberryshoes Wed 21-Jan-15 16:22:40

My first threw up about 3 times in total - it can be totally normal not to throw up (and cleaner, easier, more pleasant!)

Scotslasslivinginfrance Wed 21-Jan-15 16:26:39

I can count on one hand the number of times my DD has been sick in her life, she will be 8 later this year. She was a super healthy baby, no milky puke, or temperatures, runny nose. I sometimes worry that being this healthy is a problem but I think that's just because as a parent you feel you should be worrying about something. It's just lucky I guess.

silverandblack Wed 21-Jan-15 16:27:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Scotslasslivinginfrance Wed 21-Jan-15 16:41:13

I'm sure you are doing a grand job, enjoy smile

stressbucket1 Wed 21-Jan-15 19:59:12

Count Yourselves lucky! DD1 was a prime spewer fed her with a towel to mop up as muslins just didn't do the job! DD2 not quite so bad but at 11months still spits up a few times a day! I am always armed with wipes at playgroups in case she pukes on the toys! So embarrassing

NickyEds Wed 21-Jan-15 20:21:26

Ds was only sick once or twice until he was about 3 months old. I had these two, beautiful little bibs for him. Then he gradually started posseting more and more and I had to go out and buy a massive amount of cheap bibs!! By the time he was 5 months the house looked like we were decorating there were that many muslins draped over everything! Enjoy it and long may it last.

mrsmugoo Thu 22-Jan-15 17:21:06

Can count on one hand the amount of times my 10m old has been sick.

squizita Fri 23-Jan-15 17:20:41

Mine only spits up now and then. Usually only if I've got a nice top on. Some babies aren't that sicky.

SallyStarbuck Fri 23-Jan-15 17:21:20

3yo here and, bar car sickness, I could probably count up the number of times they have thrown up.

BaffledSomeMore Fri 23-Jan-15 17:24:28

Dd has been sick once. She's 8 years old. Ds was a whole new world of reflux hell!

wheresthelight Fri 23-Jan-15 19:38:05

My dd only ever vomits when she has a tummy bug. she was never sick as newborn.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 23-Jan-15 19:40:08

Make the most of it OP, mine was sick every 10 mins for about 6 months! Not being sick is entirely normal though, they're all different. I'm pregnant again and am hoping for a non sicky one this time smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: