Talk

Advanced search

seriously how many nappies can a baby go through!!?

(36 Posts)
silverandblack Mon 19-Jan-15 23:11:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BiscuitsofYum Mon 19-Jan-15 23:17:30

I don't have an answer but I'm feeling the same way! I knew babies poo a lot but jeeze!
You have my sympathy x

NovemberRainbow Mon 19-Jan-15 23:20:23

At six weeks we were going through a 43 (think its 43) pack every two days, LO now seven weeks and 3 days. Think its roughly 8 a day now. Doesn't need any nappy changes at night now.

silverandblack Tue 20-Jan-15 01:19:08

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Tue 20-Jan-15 03:44:53

10-14 nappies a day til 3-4weeks then 8-10 til around 6-8weeks then around 6 a day every baby is different though.

While using so many buy aldi own they are cheapest for sz 1+2 or if no aldi try lidl and failing that any supermarket brand.

Blankiefan Tue 20-Jan-15 06:18:41

You are only changing poo nappies, aren't you? Pee us fine to leave her in (not indefinitely, but for several hours).

confusedandemployed Tue 20-Jan-15 06:20:41

I never used that many! As eastmids says, 10-14 at newborn age. Not sure it was even that much tbh. How much poo does your baby produce?!! grin

silverandblack Tue 20-Jan-15 15:31:09

SoonToBeSix Tue 20-Jan-15 15:33:33

That's a crazy number of nappies. You don't need to change every time they wee.

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Tue 20-Jan-15 15:35:52

Change with every feed or when it feels full whichever you prefer (aside from poo nappies obviously).

LittleBearPad Tue 20-Jan-15 15:37:50

the dirty nappies are the ones you need to change, wet ones can hang on a bit.

SparklyReindeerShit Tue 20-Jan-15 15:41:31

How do you even know each time she wees?! Change a wet nappy when it starts feeling spongey and a dirty one every time. Congrats on little one smile

ScathingContempt Tue 20-Jan-15 15:41:42

You can tell when they're full of wee because they go kind of hard & lumpy. Don't change at every wee, they dribble little bits out all the time. Just do it when the nappy feels heavy or hard or there's poo. Disposables have a layer to keep the wee away from the skin so unless they're saturated the baby won't feel wet.

I don't even change after every bit of poo but only because she sharts constantly! I only change when it's a proper big load if poo , otherwise I'd be changing constantly too.

Asdas newborn nappies are good & are on offer at the minute in their baby event.

YokoUhOh Tue 20-Jan-15 15:43:24

It's fine to leave wet nappies on <eyes 2 year old DS and wonders when his nappy last got changed>. Seriously, you'll know if it's full of wee because you'll have a pile of wet clothes smile

WhyOWhyWouldYou Tue 20-Jan-15 16:25:13

Every MW / HV I came into contact with said 6-8 wet and dirty nappies a day. This is what i got through with DS - a dirty was changed immediately, and I took a wet nappy to mean one that had a spongy bit at the front (so actually multiple wee's as they do lots and lots of little trickle sized wee's).

Unless saturated or dirty a modern disposable nappy will keep babies skin clean and dry.

RoseTheHat Tue 20-Jan-15 16:34:26

hee hee grin How do you even know when she's done a wee?? You must be getting through a ridiculous number of nappies - think of the landfill shock wink

eddiemairswife Tue 20-Jan-15 17:06:22

Just be thankful you aren't having to handwash terry-towelling nappies as some of us had to in the bad old days!

dementedpixie Tue 20-Jan-15 17:15:23

nappy rash is caused more when pee and poo mix and then it can burn the skin. Wet nappies can be left for a couple of hours. Poo nappies changed as soon as possible.

silverandblack Tue 20-Jan-15 18:04:43

Blankiefan Tue 20-Jan-15 18:25:32

At this age, I changed at each feed (we were feeding every 3 hours) or when I smelled poo. I also did this thru the night until a friend told me to stop it! If you do it at night if there's poo and then every 4 or 5 hours during the day, that's plenty.

Whilst we're sharing info, has anyone told you that vests can be pulled down the way as well as over baby's head (useful for huge leaking poos you don't want to drag over the baby's head!!).

silverandblack Tue 20-Jan-15 19:08:04

Blankiefan Tue 20-Jan-15 19:28:58

That's it. Good luck....

RoganJosh Tue 20-Jan-15 19:35:02

Sound like you're picking it up! My big moment was realising that they cry because they're tired. I thought they'd just fall asleep when they wanted.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Tue 20-Jan-15 19:38:34

In hindsight we changed DD's nappy far more than necessary and we only got through 12 a day! You must spend your day changing nappies! It does get better though OP, at 14 months we're down to 5-6 a day usually.

silverandblack Tue 20-Jan-15 20:19:36

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: