Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

can't believe how quickly my 2.3 DS dropped his nap!

(9 Posts)
milkyman Mon 19-Jan-15 12:38:26

One day it was 2 hrs everyday, then overnight nothing!

CorporateRockWhore Mon 19-Jan-15 14:12:48

Yep! DD went from sleeping from 1pm-4.30pm every day of the week then...one Monday afternoon, jumped out of bed saying 'I don't want to sleep' and that was that!

Seeline Mon 19-Jan-15 14:18:32

My Dd that - 3hrs regular as clockwork, then at 18 months flatly refused one day and that was that - no more naps. She's always been a stubborn little thing grin

mumofboyo Mon 19-Jan-15 16:28:08

My dd is 2.4 and has recently stopped napping (though she is knackered by around 5pm but manages, just, to keep going until bedtime) and tbh I feel liberated! We're not chained to the house any longer and can go out in the afternoon again! Get this, we can even go out in the morning, have a meal in a cafe or take some sarnies if I'm skint and stay out all day. I love it!!
It's all well and good having a routine but I have found it to be a bit of a straight-jacket as well now that our daily lives aren't dictated by naps and mealtimes.

Fairylea Mon 19-Jan-15 16:30:39

Ds is 2.7 and still sleeps 2 hours nap a day. I absolutely dread the day it stops. I'm hoping to keep it going until he starts pre school!

slightlyconfused85 Mon 19-Jan-15 16:54:38

DD same age exactly did exactly this about 6 weeks ago. Sad times but nice early bed

CorporateRockWhore Mon 19-Jan-15 18:09:49

Yeah, I dreaded them stopping but it is sort of liberating too. smile

neversleepagain Mon 19-Jan-15 20:25:21

Mine are 2.3 and ask to nap every afternoon. Dtd2 climbed into her cot and lay down last week!

Long may it last!

scratchandsniff Mon 19-Jan-15 20:31:19

Was wondering about other peoples toddlers today. DS also 2.3 seems to be dropping his nap, having one every other or third day. On one hand it makes life easier to not be tied to the house at nap time but on the other I'm 7 months pregnant and could really do with a lie down in the afternoons. Also been spectacularly stroppy on some of the non nap days.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: