Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

birthday worries

(4 Posts)
lostinegypt Sun 18-Jan-15 23:14:29

This might sound daft but I am really worried about ds 4th birthday. I am no longer working due to having a baby and as a result my income has reduce dramatically eg 2k a month worse off a month! Money has never been an issue but i now don't have left over money each month as we are on a tight budget until I return to work. We have also moved to a new area and ds has only just joined nursery so.doesn't really have any friends i feel i could invite to a party. Plus im worried if i send a general invite out nobody would come and ds would be upset. We normally throw ds big parties. I know this prob sounds trivial but with a new baby i dont want ds to think we dont care sad

footallsock Sun 18-Jan-15 23:17:29

Have a tea party at home. Don't worry about it

BackforGood Sun 18-Jan-15 23:20:43

A tea party at home is the nicest thing for 3 and 4 yr olds anyway, regardless of income / finance.

lostinegypt Sun 18-Jan-15 23:25:31

Thanks for the reply. I can invite his cousin and we have a family friends child to come over too. If I take them to the soft play then have a little tea party do you think this will be ok? I really want him to have a lovely time. Do you think his nursery will let me send a cake in with him to share?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now