Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

When to change (milk and naps)

(4 Posts)
MagicDucky Fri 16-Jan-15 10:57:43

My DD has not long turned 1. I was just wondering how much they should sleep at this age? She still take two naps, morning and afternoon. She does seem to need them, it just seems like a lot of sleep in a day?!

She has three bottles a day, morning, afternoon and before bed at night. I don't really think she needs the morning milk, but I was just wondering when people cut them down to two a day?

Any advice welcome!

dementedpixie Fri 16-Jan-15 13:53:05

mine had 2 milk feeds a day from around 11 months - am and pm. If she still needs the naps and still sleeps ok at night then I would stick with it for the moment. My 2 dropped a nap around 11 months but some still need to nap twice until around 18 months.

NickyEds Fri 16-Jan-15 14:30:19

DS has had 2 feeds a day from around 10 months and he usually has 2 naps a day. If we're busy in the morning I sometimes bust a gut to keep him awake until after an early lunch and he has one long sleep but he's happier with 2. If she seems to need them I'd just let her have them! I'll only try and alter it with ds if his night time sleep deteriorates.

HazleNutt Fri 16-Jan-15 14:47:05

DS is just changing from 2 naps (2 hours each) to one 3-hour nap, and he's 18 months. He happily sleeps through the night, so I have not seen the need to change anything against his own wishes, just put him down for nap when he looks tired.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now