Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

swimming with 1yo

(4 Posts)
NorahBone Thu 15-Jan-15 20:15:47

I haven't taken my 14mo swimming for a while and was thinking of going again soon. When he was a little baby I had all the gear- swim nappy, happy nappy, body warmer and inflatable seat but he's grown out of them all now.
All I have is a swim nappy. The inflatable seat was great but I think he might prefer to be more in the water now and im considering one of those flotation vests. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips for swimming with a toddler?

DearGirl Thu 15-Jan-15 20:17:21

I take dc 13 months. Dc wears a swim nappy and costume. We don't wear arm bands or use inflatables

ch1134 Thu 15-Jan-15 21:24:53

I've always just taken my ds in my arms (swim nappy and trunks on).From 12 weeks. He's 12 months now.

NorahBone Sat 17-Jan-15 09:31:10

Thanks for the replies. I liked the inflatable - not essential but it was fun (and persuaded him to stop clinging to me like a limpet) and I wasn't sure whether just a swim nappy would be too cold, but I guess that depends on the pool. I'll take him in and find out smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: