Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

8 week old and routine

(9 Posts)
deborah86 Thu 15-Jan-15 18:51:50

Probably a few threads like this but I was wondering what your nightly routine is at this age? And do you lift them from sleeping to give them a bath? My DD has reflux so can't do it mid feed or we have lots of puke on our hands. All routines welcome smile

Thanks in advance

moggle Thu 15-Jan-15 19:42:13

Ours happens around 7ish - DD is 2m and breastfed on demand so timings are not exact.
Bath (but only once every few days)
Get changed and into gro bag
Feed in rocking chair in nursery with lights off except night light
Bit of a cuddle in rocking chair
(During above sing the same night time song...)
Put down in bednest in our room.
(2 hrs later after numerous trips up the stairs) baby falls asleep (maybe

The difficulty I have is picking he right time to start it, so she's hungry enough to feed a good amount, but not so hungry that she cries and gets worked up before we get to the feed ...

deborah86 Thu 15-Jan-15 19:55:34

I'd love to be brave enough to put her upstairs after her 7ish feed but I worry too much about her being away from me after a few health scares for the 2 of us. Maybe I'll invest in a monitor then I could start the routine properly and it would be calmer for her their than in the living room with us

MoreThanAWoman Thu 15-Jan-15 20:07:26

Deborah86 I remember my DS he's 2.5 now having terrible reflux it scared the life out of me. He was sleeping in his little crib and I went for a shower, I forgot something and nipped back through to our room and he was choking.
I will never forget the colour or look on his face, when I lifted him and got all the mucus out of the back of his throat, cleared his nostrils etc he was so frightened. I never left him alone after that until he was much older. I told my health visitor who said "oh he would've been fine, he would've coughed it up". I think not. I have a DS who is now 20 yrs old back when he was born (I know so long ago) he had all that yukky gunky stuff sooked out of him, I remember wishing they hadn't decided to stop that.
When you feel ready to invest in her monitors do not listen to anyone who tells you other wise she is your baby. She will be fine in the livingroom with you, I waited and got into the going upstairs night time routine when mine was older and it worked really well.
Trust your instincts and huge congrats on your new little one!

Sleepyhoglet Fri 16-Jan-15 10:11:44

No routine whatsoever! Feed on the sofa during the evening. Nappy change about 10pm then into bed with me and sleeps on me falls asleep on top. If I'm awake when she finishes feeding then she goes in her cocoon a baby matress next to me. Feeds about 11pm, 3.40am and 7am

amy83firsttimer Fri 16-Jan-15 12:15:22

Nappy change and into sleep bag at around 9.00 then feed again and maybe sleep on my shoulder - if I'm ready to go to bed then we both go upstairs otherwise i put him in moses basket in front room until I'm ready to go up.

Pastmyduedate0208 Fri 16-Jan-15 16:24:40

Mine will b 8 weeks tomorrow. He bfs on demand during the day roughly every three hours.
Bath 8pm, then story, then upstairs around 9pm for his milk, he takes a long time over his evening milk and drifts off/wakes up repeatedly. He will fall properly asleep in his dreampod at 10pm and lately wakes up again around 6pm then again properly at 10am.

Pastmyduedate0208 Fri 16-Jan-15 16:26:24

last bit meant to say 10pm - 6am - 10am.
Not much of a routine but they r v little still!

Pastmyduedate0208 Fri 16-Jan-15 16:51:39

To answer your Q, I have woken him up for bathtime only because if he naps too close to bedtime it starts to get complicated with his evening feed and sleeping.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: