Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Help me with this car/baby situation!

(3 Posts)
MyCrazyLife Thu 15-Jan-15 11:56:06

Going round in circles!

My dad bought us a 59 plate car a couple of years back, it's a small ish hatchback and shortly after receiving it we found out we were expecting DC3. We've managed with the car since, although it is a bit of a squash and there isn't much room in the boot.

We're now talking about a possible DC4. Ideally I'd like to get pregnant a year from now because then I'd have two DC at school, one in nursery for 15 hours and hopefully no one in nappies!

We'd have to buy a bigger car, of course. Do we look for a bigger car ASAP while my current car is worth around £2500 - £4000, or wait until I am pregnant again, which could be a while, making the car much less valuable?

Our potential plan was to go to a big dealership and trade the current car in for a cheapish vauxhall zafira although whether DH will get finance remains to be seen

What would you do?

fourlegstwolegs Thu 15-Jan-15 23:02:08

Depends - if you still replace it like for like (ie with the same car you originally wanted), the car you buy will also have depreciated..

MyCrazyLife Fri 16-Jan-15 09:26:27

True, but hopefully I wouldn't be selling the 'new' one?

The thing that stresses me out is that every other car Ive sold has been run into the ground and sold as spares or repairs. But this car (touch wood) is beautifully reliable, and I've had it for 3 years...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: