Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

2 month injections - how did your baby react?

(10 Posts)
Bellyrub1980 Wed 14-Jan-15 14:17:00

My baby is very sleepy, but when she wakes up all hell breaks loose!!

How did yours react?

JuniperTisane Wed 14-Jan-15 14:21:54

DS1 was fine in the room but suffered a bit that night - highish temp, screaming, generally upset. He was fine by the end of the next day.

DS2 screamed bloody murder and marked the poor nurse's card when she did it but by the time we got out of the surgery he was fine and didn't have any after-effects at all.

Have you given some paracetamol? Might settle her a bit.

Bellyrub1980 Wed 14-Jan-15 15:13:26

Just given her some calpol. Blimey that stuff smells sweet!!

JuniperTisane Wed 14-Jan-15 15:53:41

Sweet and sickly yes. Is she any more settled?

splendide Wed 14-Jan-15 16:34:32

Mine didn't really seem to have a reaction. Maybe a little sleepier that day. I gave calpol at bedtime as a precaution in case his little legs hurt.

Bellyrub1980 Wed 14-Jan-15 16:38:06

Yes she's more settled now bless her. Really doesn't like it when I touch her leg though!!

soundsystem Wed 14-Jan-15 17:24:01

Mine was fine immediately afterwards but sleepier than normal for the rest of the day and less keen on being put down, so we just did a lot of snuggling

weebigmamma Wed 14-Jan-15 22:19:15

For 2 month injections and the next ones (I can't remember when they were!) my LO had a sore tum (runny poos) and a big crying jag in the evening. The first time we were very freaked out by it and phoned the doc who advised Calpol lol. The second time we gave the gave the Calpol as soon as he started crying in the evening and he was fine. I think he was a bit fussier than normal for a couple of days after on both ocassions.

Sootball Wed 14-Jan-15 22:25:26

With my second then her 1st set was fine but the 2nd set was horrendous she slept from the jabs at 1.45 from 2-4 the screamed until 7 pm. Gave calpol she then slept fitfully for 12 hours, was very unhappy then had another 12 hours of alternating between sleep and crying before being herself again.

It was so bad I called DH home.from work as I couldn't cook my older child's dinner (she was 3) or.look after her at all!

CuttingOutTheCrap Fri 16-Jan-15 22:59:05

No reaction at all, I was very surprised! No reaction to the 3 month one either [lucky!]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now