Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

what time dose your 3 year old go to bed?

(13 Posts)
AnnaD25 Wed 14-Jan-15 13:39:11

My son turned 3 in December, I put him 2 bed at 7 and he will be asleep by 10past, but sometimes he will have a sleep during the day around 1 until about 3, when he naps hell be awake until 10 (which I think is to late) should I try to keep him awake all day or is that a little mean? x

MrsMarigold Wed 14-Jan-15 13:46:07

Mine aged 2 and 3 go to bed at 7.30 but take ages to doze off. DS doesn't nap but DD has an hour long nap. They usually wake up around 7.30 unless we wake up earlier.

treaclesoda Wed 14-Jan-15 13:47:43

About 7.30 to 7.45 usually. He doesn't nap during the day and on the rare occasion that he does, it is a nightmare to get him to bed.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 14-Jan-15 13:50:16

between 6.30 and 7pm. She has just turned three, and start preschool last week and the first week of that she was in bed by half five! She wakes between 7.30-8am. Although she no longer naps as a routine, usually once every 7-10 days she will have a nap. It doesnt affect her usual bedtime though.

OP if a nap means a 10pm bedtime then Id just push him through the day and put him to bed 1-1.5 hrs earlier than usual.

peggysue82 Wed 14-Jan-15 13:52:14

DS2 is also 3 and goes to bed between 7pm and 7.30pm every night. No naps during the day unless we happen to drive somewhere late afternoon in which case he may nod off for 20 mins or so. He frequently wakes at night due to asthma and needing inhaler during the night but goes straight back to sleep and normally wakes between 6.30am and 7.30am. DS1 (7yo) however has always been a great sleeper once he is asleep but is often still awake at 10pm despite always being in bed by 8pm latest. He isn't naughty about it and doesn't get out of bed once in but has trouble drifting off...think it's due to him being a bit of a 'thinker' and struggling to 'turn off' his mind. Hope this helps.

gaggiagirl Wed 14-Jan-15 13:53:33

7pm. No naps. She sleeps through til 7 or 8am usually.

ceeveebee Wed 14-Jan-15 13:57:59

Between 7 and 8 (later at weekends), and no naps during the day. Uaually sleep through until 7 or 8 the next day.

IDontWantToBuildASnowman Wed 14-Jan-15 14:46:36

My DS goes down very easily at 7pm or even before if he's had a busy day, and is up for the day around 7am-8am. He no longer naps and we were finding that when he was still napping he was struggling to go to sleep and was early waking, so we cut the naps. He still has one if we have a busy morning then go somewhere in the car after lunch, but generally he stopped napping a couple of months before he turned 3.

Artandco Wed 14-Jan-15 14:48:27

9pm. Naps 1hr. Has always been around 9pm since tiny ( with just more naps).

My 4 year old also goes at 9pm, without a nap

disneymum3 Wed 14-Jan-15 14:58:54

My DD has just turned 4 (4y1m) she goes to bed between 8pm and 8:30pm, then wakes around 7am(ish). She didn't have a nap, she dropped them herself when she was about 2.

Andcake Wed 14-Jan-15 15:02:47

ds is 2.3 we have the same problem - dropping the nap works - but can lead to crankiness so we do a nap every third day

scrivette Wed 14-Jan-15 15:05:07

3 year old DS goes to bed at 6 (he has to get up at 6 am) but if he has a nap about 9. I try not to let him nap during the day.

BlingBubbles Wed 14-Jan-15 15:10:26

My DD is 3.6 and goes to bed at 19:00 and sometimes earlier if she is really tired. She normally falls asleep quite quickly. She doesn't nap at all during the day and if she has been really busy will actually ask to go to bed at about 18:30.

During the week she wakes at 7 for Kkndergarten but on the weekend she can sleep till 8 if we are lucky.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: