Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Youtube, parenting, tips, direct to the child, education

(2 Posts)
lulufairygodmother Wed 14-Jan-15 10:58:26

I'm new to mumsnet so please bear with me! I know from personal experience that more and more very young children are now watching youtube and are mesmorised by the unwrapping of eggs and unboxing of toys etc. As parents, if there could be an educational channel for children on youtube, for example with simple tips etc how to brush your teeth, stranger danger, eating vegetables and so on (basically the type of things that as a child I used to watch on bbc programmes on playdays) what type of topics would you want your children to watch?

lulufairygodmother Wed 14-Jan-15 11:19:10

What I am trying to say that I don't think I made clear in my earlier post is that when I was younger and childrens tv was from 3-5 in the week (not dozens of 24/7 channels) there was a big emphasis on social education. For example how to cross the road etc, nowadays it seems these are more subliminal messages that are occasional inserted within cartoons. Are our children missing important lessons? Just wondered what everyone else's view was on this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: