Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

(5 Posts)
Hazelnut89 Tue 13-Jan-15 22:31:22

Our little one is 11 days old now and after most feeds she gets hiccups. We are bottle feeding and winding her but have to let the hiccups run their course.
Has anyone else had this and if so do you have any tips for getting rid of them? It's quite frustrating during night feeds having to stay up even longer while she gets over them

silverandblack Tue 13-Jan-15 23:50:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pastmyduedate0208 Wed 14-Jan-15 00:45:19

Mine was getting hiccups practically after every feed around this age. He's 7weeks now (so grown up!) and gets them still. Nothing to worry about. I found putting him back on the boob helped sometimes, but just let them naturally pass.

Hazelnut89 Wed 14-Jan-15 03:35:13

Just had a hiccup session after a feed, it's a good job I can hold her in one hand and my use my phone with the other!
She didn't get hiccups in me, just outside! She doesn't seem distressed it's just frustrating that I can't do anything to help her

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Wed 14-Jan-15 04:31:43

Hiccups don't hurt though. You don't need to try and help her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now