Talk

Advanced search

How do you cope with a toddler who refuses nappy change ?

(7 Posts)
SelinaG Sun 11-Jan-15 19:12:21

My 3yr old is nowhere near dry so still in nappies which doesn't really bother me but he refuses to cooperate when it's time for a change.

I used to try to calm him but just lately I've got to the stage I just force him down and get on with it whether he likes it or not. I kind of feel a bit guilty but when we are out if other mums see me changing him but I just want the job done quickly !

glenthebattleostrich Sun 11-Jan-15 19:13:39

We used pull ups, meant we could do changes standing. Did them in the bathroom to make the association

seaoflove Sun 11-Jan-15 19:14:53

Yep, I switched to pull ups.

Spinaroo Sun 11-Jan-15 19:16:12

I used to do the changes with them standing up too- and it was actually easier without pull ups I felt smile

seaoflove Sun 11-Jan-15 20:30:36

I could never manage getting a nappy on when they were standing up. Always used to be crooked and too low and gappy around the legs! That's when I made the switch to pull ups.

SelinaG Mon 12-Jan-15 12:02:19

We did try pullups for a while but they were nowhere near absorbent enough for a heavy wetter so he's back in nappies.

I use cloth nappies so it's easier for me to have him lie down even though he doesn't like it.

Viviennemary Mon 12-Jan-15 12:05:32

Could you not give the toilet training another go. He obviously just doesn't want to be in nappies. That's what I'd think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now