Talk

Advanced search

Advice on bottles

(12 Posts)
pinkie1982 Sat 10-Jan-15 20:23:22

We are just starting to buy for the baby. In second trimester now, first baby!
We bought tommee tippee bottles and steriliser set in the babies r us sale. Since buying it in the last two hours we have had nothing but negative comments. Told the bottles cause colic and babies don't get on with the teets.

Can I ask your opinions?

Thanks in advance x

rainydays4 Sat 10-Jan-15 20:28:51

My DD has been fine using those bottles.

We also have some doctor brown bottles which did seem to help when she had some problems keeping her milk down. But those problems were not caused by the TT bottles. From the start she would throw up after every feed (even in the hospital- she had a lot of mucus when she was born which was coming up).

The doctor brown bottles are a pain to clean IMO (too many parts) so we only used them for a few weeks until she was managing to keep her feeds down.

Fattyfattyyumyum Sat 10-Jan-15 20:31:08

We had no problems with them

ViperActive Sat 10-Jan-15 20:32:13

I used them and had no problems at all smile

ViperActive Sat 10-Jan-15 20:33:02

I mean DD blush

Sausages123 Sat 10-Jan-15 20:37:12

I have used TT bottles for both of my boys with absolutely no issues

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sat 10-Jan-15 20:42:44

DD would only take Dr Brown's bottles but all babies are different and I don't think it was because there was anything wrong with our Tommy Tippee ones, she just preferred the Dr Browns ones. However we didn't introduce a bottle until 5 months which I think makes it harder. If you're bottle feeding from birth I can't see any reasons your baby won't take to Tommy Tippee.

loudarts Sat 10-Jan-15 20:44:21

I've used them for 4 children. Never had any problems with them

pinkie1982 Sat 10-Jan-15 21:56:05

Thanks we will keep them and see smile

butterfly86 Sun 11-Jan-15 15:13:36

We bought loads of tt bottles and steriliser etc dd couldn't get away with them but lots of babies do we ended up changing to dr browns after a few days so now have a cupboard full of tt ones you will have to just try them and see, the midwife told me some babies cant manage them as the neck is too wide for them when tiny but can normally tolerate them when a bit older

wheresthelight Sun 11-Jan-15 16:51:45

all babies are different! my niece loves her tommee tippee bottles but my dd hated them.

disneymum3 Sun 11-Jan-15 18:16:14

All 3 of my DC have used these bottles and never had any problems with them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now