Talk

Advanced search

Book for a 4yo interested in death?

(6 Posts)
mycatlikestwiglets Sat 10-Jan-15 19:18:23

4yo has started asking lots of questions about death: what happens, where you go, whether you come back, that sort of thing. Not prompted by anything in particular (no deaths in the family) so I'm not sure where it's come from (possibly Frozen, which he saw for the first time at Christmas).

Any suggestions for an age-appropriate book which explains things factually? Or something which does that and mentions heaven too would be ok.

sparklyglitter1 Sun 11-Jan-15 00:24:25

I have the waterbugs and dragonflies storybook, it's a lovely way of explaining death in a way children understand and won't be frightened by. HTH

Cheepypeepy Sun 11-Jan-15 19:10:04

We are getting some very confused questions and theories from our 3.5 after visiting some family graves but mainly frozen - so thanks for the suggestion smile

mycatlikestwiglets Sun 11-Jan-15 19:11:58

Thanks v much sparkly, it gets great reviews on amazon too so I'll give it a try flowers

Wotsup Sun 11-Jan-15 19:23:11

Badger's Parting Gifts is a lovely book for youngsters (and oldsters!) affected by death.

Wotsup Sun 11-Jan-15 19:23:39

Badger's Parting Gifts is a lovely book for youngsters (and oldsters!) affected by death.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now