Talk

Advanced search

Two under 2s?? Could you tell me your daily routine please?

(6 Posts)
cookiedoughyum Fri 09-Jan-15 10:08:50

Just that really. I'm not obsessive about routine but new baby is now 3 months & i'd like to try a bit more structure (i.e. if i can manage fewer longer naps with dd2 ideally in her crib) this might allow me more playtime with dd1 who can be ignored a bit now, poor thing). I had a good routine at 6 months with dd1 but just can't devote as much time to 'cracking' naps etc this time round. Dd2 will catnap in the sling & in the car but i'm concerned that she's not getting the quality 2 hour naps that she needs. Any tips or advice would help. Thank you! (Ps my first thread start in 2 years on mn!)

Artandco Fri 09-Jan-15 10:23:19

Mine are 3 and 4 now. But when 3 month and 18months something like:

8.30am both wake
2pm-4pm both nap in cots at home
9pm both to sleep. Ds1 in bedroom, ds2 in living room.
11pm feed baby and bring to bed with us
(4/5am baby woke for feed 50% time. Otherwise slept 11-8.30am)

In between baby napped in pram or sling. Roughly one nap late morning, and one around 6pm. Plus the longer nap mid afternoon when both slept.

I found a later bedtime far easier as then they slept later in morning, plus dh was home by 6.30/7 pm so we then all ate together and then he could help with baths/ stories/ settling to sleep etc without being rushed. And of course then we all had a decent sleep in the morning so I didn't have hours to pass before anywhere opened!

Also ds1 wasn't exhausted by midday as woke later so we could go outfit lunch/ go swimming of something without meltdowns.

I found a nap in afternoon for both at home if possible easier than out, as then I could rest also. Plus didn't have to lug around a whole day supply of stuff for them both.

Later bedtime lovely in summer also as me at they woke 4ish and then we would go out to a large park, meet dh later and picnic/ ds1 run about and back for bed. Also felt like as adults we could arrange to meet friends at this time for meals etc who were at work all day as at 7pm we weren't panicking about bed

cookiedoughyum Fri 09-Jan-15 11:28:35

Thank you...wow your routine sounds like the stuff of dreams at this point! smile Definitely need to aim for coinciding naps in the afternoon...

Whatsonemore Sat 10-Jan-15 23:07:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whyhasmyheadgonenumb Sat 10-Jan-15 23:13:37

Routine? What's that!!!
We got up, had breakfast, bath then went out for a walk, lunch, another walk, play, tea, bed!!
DS was born when DD was 19 months, he resisted naps unless in the buggy so I got a double and we went out on a lot of walks!!!
I loved it, very previous times. They are now 2 and 3, it's not that easy anymore!!

stressbucket1 Sun 11-Jan-15 07:40:07

I put DD2 up in her cot for naps at that age because she wouldn't settle downstairs with a noisy toddler about! Up around 6ish baby nap at 8-9.30 ish then out to playgroup. DD2 usually fell asleep on the way back from playgroup and I usually transferred her to the cot. lunch DD1 then nap which overlapped about an hour yay! DD2 had a third nap 3.30 ish then both to bed 6.30 for DD2 7pm DD1.
I found with both of them at that age if they were put down for a nap 2hrs after waking that worked well and they usually went off to sleep without much fuss

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now