Talk

Advanced search

Weaning ideas

(13 Posts)
Cupcakes123 Thu 08-Jan-15 17:09:23

I have a blender. And a willing tester in DS.

What are your best loved meal ideas?
Everything is being puréed right down, DS is only just 5 months but reflux baby so weaned early. Ella's kitchen is boring me now and I want to play with the blender!

butterfly86 Fri 09-Jan-15 16:18:02

We started a little early and you are a bit restricted until they hit 6 months as all they can have is fruit and veg, one off dd's favourites was banana and blueberries chop say half a banana up put it in a pan with a few blueberries and warm until the berries burst then puree and add formula or breast milk to thin if needed it makes quite a lot so you could freeze what's left. Annabel karmel's book is good for recipe ideas

Cupcakes123 Sat 10-Jan-15 18:37:45

We've had a bit of an incident with some blueberries. Ie I put a bib covered in it in the machine like a complete fool I have lots of ruined baby sheets and towels hmm

Inbl00m Sat 10-Jan-15 21:54:30

OP no ideas I'm afraid but would love to know whether weaning early helped with the reflux. My dad suffers with it. She's sick 50-60 times per daysad

Inbl00m Sat 10-Jan-15 21:55:56

No, clearly not my dad. Stupid autocorrect. Dd!

Cupcakes123 Sat 10-Jan-15 23:44:04

I've now taken DS off of ranitidine and gaviscon completely since we started, he's fine now, hoooray! He was hospitalised with it when he was really tiny and he was always pretty sicky but this has worked a treat. Lying flat after meals no problem and, touch wood, no sickness.

Hope your DD is better with it soon, nothing worse than a sicky baby sad
How old is she?

(And hope your dad is better after weaning too wink)

McFox Sat 10-Jan-15 23:55:40

My DS loves these pancakes:

1 small banana
1 small roasted sweet potato
1/2 roasted courgette
1 egg
1 tbsp rice flour

Whizz up in the blender and lightly fry in coconut oil or butter. They are really soft and easy to gum.

Makes enough for several small or 2 large pancakes and they freeze well.

Hth

Inbl00m Sun 11-Jan-15 16:58:20

Wow Cupcakes that is amazing, so nice that it's made life so much better for your DS! smile

DD is just 4 months but I think I'll probably get started with weaning before 6 months because of the reflux. Meds don't help so the latest thing we're trying is a dummy but she still suffers sad

Cupcakes123 Sun 11-Jan-15 17:27:33

Oohh they sound nice mcfox, thank you!

We started when DS was 4 months and a week, he had apples and baby rice, he LOVED it. The health visitor was trying to make me wait until he was 6 months and do BLW but I'm pleased I decided to do it early smile
Poor little thing, rubbish that meds don't help, really do hope she grows out of it soon, I know how crappy it is

McFox Sun 11-Jan-15 18:54:04

You're welcome, he goes into a complete pancake frenzy with those smile

Today's winner has been Yorkshire pudding, veg and cheese sauce - it's everywhere and I don't know if he'll ever smell of anything other than cheese again, but he loved it!

Cupcakes123 Sun 11-Jan-15 19:08:38

Haha! A cheesy baby, amazing! That sounds yum too
There is nothing better than when the legs go. And the hands go. And the excitement levels go through the roof smile
DS does this over sweet potato, he just looks so happy, all caused by a vegetable!
just wait until you're much bigger and you learn about doughnuts baby cupcakes!

Inbl00m Sun 11-Jan-15 20:47:48

Thanks Cupcakes great to know there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Good luck with the weaningsmile

McFox Sun 11-Jan-15 20:54:20

Ah yes we have the sweet potato joy here too smile DH hates cheese too, he was trying not to barf!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now