Talk

Advanced search

4.5 month bringing up milk more than normal

(3 Posts)
Anticyclone Wed 07-Jan-15 12:36:00

Our 4.5 month old ebf boy has never really been a sicky baby, but over the last week he's been bringing up a lot more milk than is normal for him.

Mostly it's what I would describe as a medium to large posset, but a couple of times its been quite an avalanche of sick.

He seems well in himself otherwise, and is still happy to feed and play etc, but it's just a lot more than he's ever really brought up before. Since he's been born the most he ever did was a very small posset, and even that was occasional.

Is this some kind of stage I missed hearing about? Is it to do with strengthening stomach muscles require for sitting? It has happened a few times when we've been holding him in a sitting position, but equally happens when he's lying down.

No temperature, nothing else. Is it just yet another change he's going through? confused

Acorncat Wed 07-Jan-15 20:22:04

No idea, but my just turned 4 month old has started doing the same confused

He does have silent reflux so it's not unusual for him to bring a little back up but he used to just swallow it again. Doesn't seem bothered by it either.

Anticyclone Wed 07-Jan-15 20:28:29

Ah forgot about this thread, turns out it's actually proper D&V. Our first experience :-( not looking forward to tonight....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now