Talk

Advanced search

When did your DC drop the 2nd nap and when do they take their 1 nap?

(7 Posts)
ViperActive Wed 07-Jan-15 08:51:45

Before or after lunch ?

melisma Wed 07-Jan-15 10:21:38

DS dropped the morning nap around 1 year which coincided with him starting nursery two days a week (they were happy to keep two naps going, but i think most of the other children in the room were only on one ). I tried to give him his nap after lunch as thought otherwise hunger would interrupt his sleep, so we had about 4 weeks of eating lunch at 11.30am so he could nap at midday . Gradually he got used to it and was able to stay awake slightly longer so lunch moved more towards midday!

ViperActive Wed 07-Jan-15 10:39:07

was there any signs or did you just go with it as he was at nursery?
Also might I ask how he settled at nursery doing 2 days only? My DD is struggling to sleep at all there and cries so much when I leave her. She's 13 months and started about 5 weeks ago.

Millionprammiles Wed 07-Jan-15 11:53:27

My dd dropped her morning nap on nursery days by about 13 mths. Her afternoon nap was then around 12pm. Night time sleep can also make a difference, once dd was sleeping well at night and not waking at the crack of dawn she was more comfortable having only one nap and generally less grumpy at nursery.

It can be a struggle for babies/toddlers to sleep at nursery when they start, especially if they're only in a couple of days. What are the staff doing to help your dd sleep? Eg is there a separate quiet area etc?

ViperActive Wed 07-Jan-15 13:12:55

Well there is a quiet room they sleep in but she wakes up so easily they say as its the baby room there is sometimes an odd cry out from another baby and once she's awake then she doesn't usually go back easily and therefore doesn't get as much as she probably needs im hoping she just needs a bit more time

Lozzapops Wed 07-Jan-15 17:54:10

Mine dropped to one nap when she was 10 months, which was when she started nursery. Originally the one nap was around 11:30ish for anything between 1 and 2 hours, but in the past couple of weeks (she's 14 months now), it has gotten later, so tends to be around 1 til 2:30ish.

Treesandbees Thu 08-Jan-15 22:13:16

Mine dropped morning nap at 14 months ish and the lunchtime nap got longer. Now at 17 mo he goes down 12.30 and sleeps 1.5-2.5 hours depending on how tired he is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now