Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

First shoes

(6 Posts)
Sleepyhoglet Mon 05-Jan-15 14:34:26

I've been browsing online and found so e gorgeous shoes. They are only available in size 18/ uk 2

What age was your dd when she first wore shoes and what size did she wear. Wondering if I but these shoes whether my dd will actually wear them or if they will be too small.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 05-Jan-15 14:39:30

How old is your LO? DD didnt start to walk competently enough to be on foot outside enough to warrant shoes until about 16/17mo, and went into a 4e. She was just in socks or barefoot before that, and even once in shoes she only wore them outside the house.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 05-Jan-15 14:40:19

Id also recommend taking her to a shoe shop (chain or independent) to be measured, in order to get the right length and width.

footallsock Mon 05-Jan-15 14:44:25

Mine was a size two but she was walking outside at 1 and very small. Really hard to get hold of shoes for her. Most walker shoe ranges only start at size 3 for girls and 4 for boys. Save your money

Clearlymisunderstood Mon 05-Jan-15 15:00:26

My eldest was 16 months and a 3G

Sleepyhoglet Mon 05-Jan-15 15:01:35

Ok good advice. Will wait

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: