Talk

Advanced search

Bath toys

(9 Posts)
Peachy43 Sun 04-Jan-15 20:05:20

My DD is nearly 10 but spends a lot of time in the bath because of her eczema.
Sounds daft but does anyone know of any bath toys more suitable for older children!
tia x

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sun 04-Jan-15 20:09:11

I used to sit for hours reading a book in the bath at that age, they were often pulpy because I dropped them in!

lighteningmcmama Sun 04-Jan-15 21:12:06

What about bath pens

Helicoptopus Sun 04-Jan-15 21:19:18

How about a science kit for the bath/water to do experiments - amazon sell one. We turn the lights off and have glow sticks in the bath. Have also seen use of a black light and neon paint on bath tikes, esp mixed with shaving foam. Or just painting with body paints, on self, tikes, a big mirror? Those stick on nets and a ball for target practice, that sort of thing?

Timeforabiscuit Sun 04-Jan-15 21:21:32

What about having a radio in there or spoken books?

Bluecarrot Sun 04-Jan-15 21:25:22

My dd played with Lego and polly pocket in bath.

Peachy43 Mon 05-Jan-15 19:38:50

Thanks for the suggestions, found some glow sticks today that were in DD's advent calendar and she has played happily, in the dark, for the last 30 mins, cant get her out!!
Have just ordered another 100 off ebay as i suspect this might be a favourite!
Am going to look at the other ideas as well!
Big thanks again! grin

daluze Mon 05-Jan-15 20:04:00

My DS just takes whatever he fancies that day, as long as it is not electronic. Most trains and cars get a wash one day or another. He also has some bath toys, but prefers to take other toys as well. As long as they are not electronic, no batteries, this will be fine. I don't bother to buy special bath toys anymore.

TeenAndTween Mon 05-Jan-15 20:40:59

DD2 same age uses 'hard' animal toys and plays zoos or African wildlife with them. She also listens to The Archers (!) (with me) or has story CDs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now