Talk

Advanced search

Kanga/Moby/mama sling for newborn and plus size mummy

(9 Posts)
Dollyemi Sun 04-Jan-15 17:13:36

I'm trying to decide which sling for my new baby due in April. We had an ergo baby carrier for dd1 but this hurt my back so I'm hoping a sling won't be as painful. Any recommendations which of the slings will be best for a plus size mummy, I thought I had decided on the mama sling but then spotted the reviews on the Kanga wrap so now I'm stuck. I don't fancy the idea of using a sling library if they just rent them out, I want a shiny and clean new one!

Scaredycat666 Sun 04-Jan-15 19:09:42

I use the Nct caboo and have been getting along quite well with it. It says it fits up to a size 18 - but I'm 18-20 and it fits fine. In fact my DH also uses it and he's much bigger than me!
It's very comfy and doesn't hurt my back. it took me a while to work out how to use it, but it only takes a few seconds now.
I have friend who swears by the beco soleil - I've used that successfully too.

Dollyemi Sun 04-Jan-15 20:56:29

I'll check those out then, thanks

Ineedacleaningfairy Mon 05-Jan-15 12:55:17

I'm plus sized, not sure what actual size at the moment I'm still in my stretchy maternity clothes, we have a moby wrap and it's lovely, fits really well and there is fabric lest over. My baby lives in the moby at the moment, he's a chunk and I haven't had any back pain smile

Bluecarrot Mon 05-Jan-15 12:58:46

Not sure what plus size you are but I was 18-20 when dd2 was born and used moby with lots of extra tying room.
You can wash the sling from sling library - my dd LOVES certain slings and HATES others. Glad we rented.

Dollyemi Mon 05-Jan-15 13:22:01

Okey dokey, let me check out the sling library then. Thanks everyone

HamishBamish Mon 05-Jan-15 15:39:06

Another vote for a Moby here. If we were going out in the car, I used to pre-tie it before leaving the house and it was really easy to put the baby in and out as needed. I think I was around a size 16/18 at that time and it worked well.

BertieBotts Mon 05-Jan-15 15:43:31

Go for the Moby or Kari-Me. Most people I knew found them to be too long. It's just extra length you'd need if you're bigger in size.

WiggleGinger Mon 05-Jan-15 23:14:53

Agree to moby or caboo and pre tying before you head out in the car.
Try the sling library just to get don't advice and to try them on then you'll know which one to buy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now