Talk

Advanced search

Why does my 2 year old never want to go out, especialky after his nap!?

(6 Posts)
milkyman Sun 04-Jan-15 15:28:31

He used to go out but now just wants to laze around! Is it the weather?

milkyman Sun 04-Jan-15 15:30:46

I feel guilty about him being lazy and watching tv. We have the buildersin so cant even organise games etc... as house astte.

milkyman Sun 04-Jan-15 15:31:05

'house is a state'

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sun 04-Jan-15 15:41:29

Is he getting enough sleep? Is he feeling under the weather? To be honest I rarely want to leave the house at the moment as it's too bloody cold and miserable so maybe it is just the time of year.

Pippidoeswhatshewants Sun 04-Jan-15 15:47:25

What do you do when you go out? How much time is spent sitting in a buggy (booooooring!!!!) vs. playing / running around? Is he warm enough / too warm?

Going out might me more interesting with new wellies, hunting for the biggest puddle or some other "goal" like who can find the best stick etc.

Strawberrybubblegum Sun 04-Jan-15 20:16:30

I think they sometimes just struggle with change, especially when they're feeling a bit groggy and rotten after their nap. So they resist doing something (especially when it's initiated by you not them) even though they would love it once they got going.

What happens when you insist (and go through the rigmarole of fighting coat, shoes etc on)? Does he then enjoy it?

I sometimes find that an afternoon snack when they wake up cam help them get going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now