Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Constipated 13 month old

(7 Posts)
ViperActive Fri 02-Jan-15 06:25:57

What's doing it as her diet hasn't changed. Except she drinks cows milk but has been in this for last month and constipated on and off for last week. I try to get her to drink water and offer all day but can be hit or miss (Mostly not too interested).
Any thoughts on why or what I can do ?

dylsmimi Fri 02-Jan-15 06:57:54

You can try diluted fruit juice or kiwi is good. More fruit a little less pasta, bread etc
if not and no change you will have to see the dr.
ds2 has this and can get very constipated, crying in pain sad we used to rub his back or lie on back and put legs up that seemed to help a little.

dylsmimi Fri 02-Jan-15 06:59:05

It could be a cold or virus that's made her constipated? Hope she feels better soon

stressbucket1 Fri 02-Jan-15 11:52:46

Stewed prunes are very good and lovely mixed with custard! Is she getting aware of what she is doing and maybe withholding? My dd had a phase of doing this when she was about 18mo she would wait all day until we got home and was a bit constipated as a result

ViperActive Sat 03-Jan-15 16:26:45

I know teething causes a lot but can that be the cause of constipation im anyone's experience?

Queazy Sat 03-Jan-15 16:42:05

Fruits like pear and peach help constipation. Avoid egg and banana. We also use puréed prunes that Ella's Kitchen do. My lo has to have Movicol from Dr now tho, as her constipation was causing pain and she's starting delaying going to loo. Hope it improves really soon.

willowisp Sat 03-Jan-15 17:07:06

Don't give her brown bread or any wheat cereals, go for porridge preferably & offer her diluted juice - apple or orange at all meal times.

My dd had terrible constipation & I can track it back to the brown bread etc. Small kids can't cope with the non-soluble fibre & it dries their poo out because they can't drink enough water & their bodies just can't cope with it.

Make sure she eats lots of veggies too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now