Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Night time wakings?

(3 Posts)
moomin35 Fri 02-Jan-15 03:42:25

Ok so you can see by the time of this post the problem! My 6 month old has been a pretty good baby with a reliable sleep schedule (at night at least) but just recently he's waking in the night and howling and it's taking me ages to calm him down, he's ok in my arms but then I struggle to put him down again. I'm putting it down to teething although I don't really know and the disrupted sleep and level of crying is beginning to get really tough. I'm applying bonjela teething gel and since it got bad regular calpol (which I hate doing as I feel like I'm relying on medication). The past could of days he's just cried unless held I'm really struggling sand wondering how on earth people cope :-(

purplemurple1 Fri 02-Jan-15 08:53:40

If its only been a few days are you sure isn't ill or having a growth spurt? Mine is enerally a good sleeper but every now and then we have little set backs and need to give him some food/milk at night for a few nights.

How is he in the day, are you on 2 naps or in the 3 to transistion at the moment?

Have you recently started solids, it may be his evening meal that is usetting his stomach, I started with lunch, and then breakfast so mine could digest in the day and added dinner/supper after a month or so when he was use to solids more.

Assuming you are sticking to the recommended amounts on the calpol etc I wouldn't worry, I mean have you ever had tooth ache - wouldn't you want some pain meds for it? Sleepin with their heads raised (so blocks under the head end of the bed) is meant to help as well.

zeddybrek Fri 02-Jan-15 09:31:32

Hi, we had a similar problem and tried Dentinox (I think that's how it's spelt) rather than Bonjela. DS seemed more calm vs Bonjela, maybe you could try that. Otherwise milk in case it is a growth spurt. HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now