Talk

Advanced search

Treasure boxes / sensory boxes

(7 Posts)
SASASI Tue 30-Dec-14 11:48:09

Going to get some boxes from ikea today to set up treasure / sensory toys.

What do you have in yours? Links to things would be most helpful & preferably not too expensive - onto SMP now sob

DS is 4 months old.

Trinpy Tue 30-Dec-14 12:19:59

You can get stuff from charity shops or cheap household goods shops. Anything shiny or with an interesting texture works well.

I just grab anything from around the house that I think will interest ds and make a pile of stuff in front of him. wooden spoons, lemon juicers, old biscuit/tea tins, loofahs, egg boxes, sieves, plastic bottles with water or rice in and sheets of foil all work well.

HerrenaHarridan Tue 30-Dec-14 12:34:09

Yy don't aim to go an buy a bunch of stuff.

Not all of mine are non plastic but they all went down a treat.

Nail brush
Paint brush
Mirror
Magnifying glass
Shells
Big bell on a ribbon
Little bells in an organza bag
Lots of metal bracelets on a necklace
Some chunky bracelets in metal plastic wood and woven string
Scraps of leather
Corks
Wooden spoons
Mini whisks

steppeupunderthemisletoe Tue 30-Dec-14 12:56:11

velvet hair scrunchy
metal chain from a plug
something heavy (we used the glass stopper from an old decanter)
fir cone
woolen mitten
large smooth pebble
ping pong ball

jessplussomeonenew Tue 30-Dec-14 22:19:27

Do you have a drawer of random bits you could raid for spare buttons, old keys, broken jewellery etc. Or the kitchen for lentils, pasta shapes or rice, (perhaps dyed in a mixture of colours), scrunched up or hole-punched bits of foil. You can get interesting effects by combining two liquids/gels that won't mix e.g.vegetable oil, or syrup with coloured water.

workingtitle Tue 30-Dec-14 22:53:24

Lots of ideas via Google. The favourite bits from ds's are a foil blanket, wooden spoon, dry pasta in a small water bottle, a pastry brush. empty toilet roll, a small metal bowl.

SASASI Thu 01-Jan-15 11:04:27

Sorry I'm so late coming back to this!
Thanks for all the suggestions - looks like going through the cupboards & drawers will prove fruitful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now