Talk

Advanced search

Winter Wonderland - is it free, my DH/DS are in London can they pop along?

(13 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Mon 29-Dec-14 12:31:25

just wondering if they could go or do you have to have a ticket to get in?

Heels99 Mon 29-Dec-14 12:33:51

It is free to get in but expensive once inside

Wiifitmama Mon 29-Dec-14 12:34:19

Free to go in but every single things costs mega money inside. Nothing free to do except walk around.

hulahoopsilove Mon 29-Dec-14 12:34:55

is it what the rides etc... they have already done ice skating elsewhere so was thinking food, rides - how much are we talking smile

itiswhatitiswhatitis Mon 29-Dec-14 12:35:31

What the others said. We blew £60 in just under an hour and then left as there is nothing to do there that doesn't cost money.

hulahoopsilove Mon 29-Dec-14 12:36:02

ok Im not even going to suggest it lol

itiswhatitiswhatitis Mon 29-Dec-14 12:36:32

Rides vary between £3 and £5 each. One rollercoaster ride cost us £20 for the four of us eek!

NorwaySpruce Mon 29-Dec-14 12:37:53

You buy tickets for the rides at £1 or £2 each I think, but each ride is a minimum of 3 tickets per person.

Hideously expensive if a few of you want to go on one of the more expensive rides (the 3 ticket one was a two minute toddler ride)

lemisscared Mon 29-Dec-14 12:43:06

i am not going anywhere near it!! would lead to the hell of having to say no ad nauseum. i think the rides and attractions have to be pre booked

Lottiedoubtie Mon 29-Dec-14 12:46:09

Rides are more than has been suggested here... Cheapest child ticket I saw was £3, most expensive 'adult/teenage' ride £9 each! Most rides avg. at £5-7 a head, adult tickets cost more than child ones, even when really you're just accompanying them!

DH and I went with baby DS, we enjoyed walking around but I was very grateful DS isn't old enough to ask for stuff! We bought a hog roast roll each and a portion of chips to share- £20! No drinks.

lemisscared Mon 29-Dec-14 12:46:40

it should be renamed "the winter wonderland for the rich" as i can't inagine an ordinary family being able do anything than walk around agog at the prices

Lottiedoubtie Mon 29-Dec-14 13:01:54

Attractions have to be prebooked but not rides. I was astounded at the amount of people there spending money, it must be taking a huge chunk of loads of families Christmas budgets.

hulahoopsilove Mon 29-Dec-14 13:05:59

gosh sounds very expensive and not very enjoyable er for parents!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now