Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a size 4 nappy which will contain my baby's poo

(11 Posts)
LetticeKnollys Mon 29-Dec-14 12:08:17

I have a 14 week old who is a big lump- he's just gone into 6-9 month clothes and now he's beginning to grow out of his size 3 nappies. The trouble is that so far all I have found which will contain his very runny EBF poo has been newborn nappies with the mesh inside (I have only tried the Pampers brand so far) and they stop making them for babies this size. His poo just flows out of the legs and/or waist no matter what I do of the baby dry ones. I have nearly 3 months longer until solids which is a long time to have to wash his clothes every time he poos!
Any advice? fsmile

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Mon 29-Dec-14 12:16:34

Could you try a washable little lamb wrap over the top of the nappy?

Ems1812 Mon 29-Dec-14 12:22:22

Have you tried pull ups? They make them in a size 4. I use the ASDA's own brand pull ups for my DS as he can be a bit leaky with poos, he's been using them since he was 8 months old & I have found them much more supportive than nappies & they give a better fit. They are also much easier to put on/take off, we have only had a few leaks/ messy poos since using them and DS is now 1!

PurplePidjingThroughTheSnow Mon 29-Dec-14 12:25:35

Reusables have elastic around the legs and back to keep poo in. Have a look at The Nappy Lady, Tiny Nippers, Sarah Jaynes, TJ's Cloth Nappies and loads of other sites for different types.

If you're washing all those clothes anyway, you might as well do nappies - and with the nappies it's easier to do a hygienic wash than just bunging pooey clothes in with the regular stuff wink

WhyOWhyWouldYou Mon 29-Dec-14 12:26:37

I think your problem is that you've only tried pampers - I found them to be the worst on DS.

Try Aldi mamia (best absorbancy going imho) or the active fit in Asda Little Angels/Morrison's little big (asda and Morrison's active fit are now the same nappies with different patterns on).

LetticeKnollys Mon 29-Dec-14 12:29:52

I was considering cloth options but was unsure of where to start. A nappy cover sounds perfect so I'll look into ordering one.
I hadn't even thought about pull ups because I associate them with pre schoolers but I can definitely give that a try! I think we might still have a pack from when my step son used them which are size 4- I can't quite believe my 3 month old is taking the same size already!

Clearlymisunderstood Mon 29-Dec-14 12:30:01

I like boots nappies in the green pack, my dd has been in them since she grew out of newborn nappies at about 8 weeks.

LetticeKnollys Mon 29-Dec-14 12:32:29

Yes purple that thought had crossed my mind re the washing!

Icedfinger Mon 29-Dec-14 12:38:34

Would definitely recommend reusables, we've been using Smartipants since my DD was 8 weeks and have never had a poosplosion in them!

PurplePidjingThroughTheSnow Mon 29-Dec-14 12:43:52

You can email The Nappy Lady and she'll talk you through it. Also look for cloth bum and cloth nappy groups on facebook, different brands/types suit different shaped babies (bit like finding the Right pair of jeans for us!) so trying out different ones preloved before investiing in an expensive kit will save you a lot of money and hassle

I worked out that buying nappies on 3 for 2 froom highstreet shops (so roughly £10 per nappy) would cost 4.5p per wear over a 2.5 year use on one child. Most of mine cost a fraction of that, and have either been sold on or will be reused on a second child. It's a while since I did the maths but I'm pretty sure that included washing at 40 and line drying too.

LetticeKnollys Mon 29-Dec-14 12:55:48

Thanks for your help. I think I used the nappy lady's site to buy a swim nappy once, I didn't know you could get advice from her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now