Talk

Advanced search

What games do your 7 year olds love?

(12 Posts)
vitabrits Fri 26-Dec-14 23:58:43

I'm thinking along the lines of family/board games. So far we have Go Fish and Uno (card games), and Snakes and Ladders, and that generic pop the dice in the middle and move your counters round the board thing.

Artistic Sat 27-Dec-14 00:03:43

Blokus from Hamleys!

vitabrits Sat 27-Dec-14 03:01:06

Oh that looks good. I just downloaded an app to check it out.

CheerfulYank Sat 27-Dec-14 03:29:14

DS loves Blokus too smile

Any card game really, I've started to google some of the older ones. MIL works at an assisted living place and I'm thinking of taking him to play with some of the elderly gents there- a lot of them love their cards.

CheerfulYank Sat 27-Dec-14 03:31:52

There's also an old game (think it dates back to the Roman Empire or something!) called Nine Man Morris that he loves to play with DH. I'm not sure how you play it but they like it.

This is probably entirely unhelpful as a post fblush

DharmaBumpkin Sat 27-Dec-14 07:24:28

Blokus is good. Ingenious is good too, simple enough to play but interesting enough to play with them!

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Sat 27-Dec-14 07:36:16

Lego board games are very popular with my DCs smile

And labyrinth.

afreshstartplease Sat 27-Dec-14 07:47:57

Junior monopoly

vitabrits Sat 27-Dec-14 11:40:07

Thanks all. I was thinking of Monopoly, but after reading some of the Christmas threads I've been debating whether to get junior or normal monopoly.

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 27-Dec-14 11:49:05

Mine likes normal monopoly, bananagrams, chess, Sorry! and most things that are just move the counter around the board type games like snakes and ladders, and old Snowman game at my mum's and so on. We got Articulate Kids at Christmas but not played it yet.

tallulah Sat 27-Dec-14 12:00:51

Mine likes Chess and Draughts; Old Maid and Happy Families; Kerplunk; and she got a game for Xmas that involves piling things onto a raft with a parrot and pushing it until things fall off.

WhirlyTwirlySnowflakes Sat 27-Dec-14 12:17:19

Monopoly, pass the bomb, Cluedo, drafts, chess, trivial pursuits, pictionary, charades, string railways, card games,

Dobble is their latest favourite and absolutely great fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now