Talk

Advanced search

Which prams fit in a Suzuki Swift?

(13 Posts)
Ameilius Fri 26-Dec-14 18:32:02

Not really a parenting question as I'm not technically a parent yet.. But I'm 23wks pregnant and starting to try and navigate the jungle that is pram-shopping.

We've only got a Suzuki Swift which doesn't have a huge boot - the main problem. We also need a hardy, sturdy, could-tackle-snow pram with a large carrycot (very tall DH so expecting the world's biggest baby..)..

Anyone have any ideas for us?

Help me, Mumsnetters!

sososotired Fri 26-Dec-14 20:27:31

I had a Suzuki splash which had more or less the same boot size as tge swift I have a hauck Malibu travel system which workes well! Hope that helps you

sososotired Fri 26-Dec-14 20:30:06

www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/3787320.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:18091973125%7Ctsid:59156%7Ccid:189942085%7Clid:96720223045%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:61293025765%7Crnd:13588945265094883324%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:1o1

Theorientcalf Fri 26-Dec-14 21:09:06

Bugaboo Bee
Armadillo flip
ICandy raspberry

I've got the Bee and it's great!

cadidog Fri 26-Dec-14 22:23:40

The babyjogger city mini fits. I found that pushchair too heavy so traded it in for the bee, which I love with a passion.

SalsaP Fri 26-Dec-14 22:31:57

We have a swift and bought a silver cross surf which fitted well. It dismantles into 2 parts, you can buy a carrycot but I shouldn't think that would also fit into the boot. We later bought a maclaren quest which lies flat and fitted really easily into the boot but is a only forward facing.

SalsaP Fri 26-Dec-14 22:37:50

Just to add I drove to a large mothercare where they were happy for me to try and put them on my boot to be sure they would fit. Perhaps form a short list and try that? Our surf and swift have both been redesigned since we we bought them so couldn't guarantee the new pram fits into a new swift for example.

Theorientcalf Fri 26-Dec-14 22:57:07

The great thing about the Bee is that it folds without having to remove bits from it first, and I still use it for my two year old. It converts well into a pushchair. Although now we have a new baby we use it with a buggy board attached too.

Ameilius Fri 26-Dec-14 23:42:37

Thanks for all the tips! I can now go shopping armed with some great looking choices. Actually trying them out in the boot at the shop sounds especially good, I never thought they'd allow that! smile

Havingkittens Mon 29-Dec-14 21:22:11

I have a Swift & a Bugaboo Bee too. Fits perfectly, either in the boot or on back seat, depending on what I need to pack in the car.

CaptainMorgansMistress Mon 29-Dec-14 21:28:42

An off-road capable pram that folds small is a bit of a holy grail (have a look on the products>pushchairs section of this site.

If you want something that will parent face as well, your options are even more limited but top of the list are the Easywalker Mosey and the Babyjogger Versa - both excellent pushchairs for which you can buy carrycots.

Just be aware that a lot of the other small folding pushchairs (especially the Bee and the icandy raspberry) are fantastic for decent pavements but pretty crap on anything more challenging.

Your best bet is to measure your boot dimensions, look at reviews on the best buggy website and check the folded dimensions of suitable buggies (usually easily found on best buggy or the manufacturers website).

CaptainMorgansMistress Mon 29-Dec-14 21:30:44

Sorry just to clarify, that should be the Babyjogger Versa GT (there is a standard versa too but the GT has better all terrain wheels)

Serafinaaa Mon 29-Dec-14 21:35:31

The oyster 2 fits in an old style ford ka so should also fit a Swift easily (chassis and lie flat seat unit, carry cot has to go on back seat if needed). It's pretty sturdy, can get air filled wheels for off road and adjusts to a decent height.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now