Talk

Advanced search

Nursing bras... Hate them!!!

(8 Posts)
Bellyrub1980 Fri 26-Dec-14 09:08:07

I'm having a nightmare with nursing bras. Basically, ever since my labour 6 weeks ago it's like the skin all over my body has become ultra sensitive and I can't bear anything rough or tight against it, bra straps with clips being a major bug bear. Its like I can feel every edge, buckle and seam. Not just on my bras but on my clothes too. Everything just feels so uncomfortable and irritating. (Am I the only one??!)

Anyhoo, when I'm at home I wear very soft crop top style bras from sainsburys. No clips, you just pull them on over your head. And they're stretchy enough to pull down over your nipple for feeding. Unfortunately, they're not terribly flattering (bit droopy looking, esp with DD's) and not appropriate for those days you want to dress up a bit and look smart.

I have some M&S nursing bras. They're ok-ish. I hate the rough edges on the straps (I swear I would never have noticed this before the labour) but they're kind of padded... which makes it really difficult to push the cup down out of the way to feed, especially with a bloody breast pad in there too.

I have some non padded ones from Mothercare but it's like every seam has been sewn with wire wool. I just can't bear them against my skin!

Does this sensitivity improve eventually?

Is there a lovely soft bra out there that is nice and supportive?

Asleeponasunbeam Fri 26-Dec-14 09:18:55

Hot Milk are lovely.

lightgreenglass Fri 26-Dec-14 09:24:45

I was just about to comment on hot milk - really recommend them for suppport and comfort.

firsttimemothergoose Fri 26-Dec-14 10:27:56

I hate nursing bras too!
I've been wearing those stretchy crop top bras from sainsburys at home and a padded version when out and about. The padding means I don't need to use scratchy breast pads and I can lift up to feed rather than drop down which I find more discreet.
3 months on and I'm happy to carry on like this for a while.

Greymalkin Fri 26-Dec-14 10:31:26

Mothercare nursing bras are just awful.

Hot Milk and Anita are great bras, have a look at Figleaves online.

Good nursing bras are not cheap, but they are really worth it

SchnitzelVonKrumm Fri 26-Dec-14 10:34:59

Anita underwired, comfortable and supportive.

Anotherdayanotherdollar Fri 26-Dec-14 10:49:21

Bravado nursing bras are very comfortable and soft. Some styles are not cup sized as such, coming in small, medium, large etc, they have removable foam pads in the cup and also have a converter clip to change it from a nursing bra to regular bra when you stop breastfeeding. So much better than mothercare bras! Again, not cheap, but definitely worth the money.

Bellyrub1980 Fri 26-Dec-14 17:54:04

Firstimemothergoose... That's genius!!! Can't believe I didn't think of that. Tempted to get 7 pairs and wear one every day smile thankyou!

Thank you for all the other suggestions too, will do some researxh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now