Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Teething- is my baby just not following the rules?!

(8 Posts)
weebigmamma Mon 22-Dec-14 19:28:57

He is 8 months old and got his first two bottom teeth last month with no trouble at all. Hooray, I thought! I have an amazing child who feels no pain!

sigh apparently not. He is just getting over a cold which he's had for a week but at the same time he has been wildly knawing on his thumb (and anything else), drooling, crying (especially in the night- last night woke up screaming his head off and only calpol could make him go back to sleep), whiney during the day (although he's in slightly better form at the minute now that the cold is going away).... the thing is, I thought the next two teeth were meant to be the top two? But he is knawing on the right hand side of his mouth only, and no sign of the top two teeth. The gum on the right side is lumpy and with all the other signs I do think it must be teething... did anyone else's baby do the teeth in the wrong order?! Or is he going to be in such pain for months until these side ones finally break through? Poor wee baba :-(

(and poor me- totally effing wrecked lol!)

Schmoop Mon 22-Dec-14 19:47:02

yep my ds got lower centrals as normal but then upper laterals, shortly followed by the centrals. my friends baby did too

weebigmamma Mon 22-Dec-14 20:10:44

Wow! I think this must be what's going on. Thanks. I hope they hurry up! :-)

Imeg Mon 22-Dec-14 20:16:11

Mine has only one bottom central and the two upper laterals (nice 'fang' appearance), looks like the upper centrals and the other bottom central are on their way shortly. He's 9 months.

weebigmamma Mon 22-Dec-14 20:53:36

I'm glad to hear this! Hopefully his first fang will appear soon so we can all get a bit more kip. I had forgotten all about teething (eldest is 10!) argh!

flanjabelle Mon 22-Dec-14 21:21:16

The rules are not 100%, dd got her two top teeth first, then one bottom

Highlove Mon 22-Dec-14 21:44:14

Mine's done it all the wrong order, too. Honestly, do these babies not read the user-manuals?!

weebigmamma Tue 23-Dec-14 11:39:10

Haha! Yes, it's funny. With my first I read every 'user manual' going. This time I didn't even read one (there's a big gap between them so it doesn't feel like the first time again in some ways- I have literally forgotten everything, except that all stages do end, which is the best thing to remember!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now