Talk

Advanced search

Not eating and drinking 2 year old

(4 Posts)
Madjackmcvitae Thu 18-Dec-14 20:24:28

Hello there

Just after some advice please or suggestions. We have a 2year old DD, about 2 months ago she started not sleeping at night. She had the coughing bug that seems to be going. Anyway she is barely eating, had half a slice of bread and a bag of mini cheddars yesterday and had 3 fish fingers today. Not the greatest diet but I'm just glad of anything she eats at the moments she is also barely sleeping and still seems a bit off it, but plays we'll enough.she is also completely sleep deprived getting about 3-4 hours in 24 hours. She is drinking well enough. She is waking up so many times a night screaming and seems to be having rages or out of control screaming. I don't think they are night terrors. I'm sure a lot of is like a vicious circle but don't know how to break it. We also have a 4 year old and a five week old. I expected some jealousy or adjustment time but she does enjoy helping with baby. She has had loads of cuddles and attention as well so dosnt feel left out or anything.

We have a routine of sorts at bedtime. Tea, bath , stories etc.

We are at a loss as what to do to help her. We are both shattered and out of ideas. She still seems under the weather but I think it could be because of lack of sleep. The baby is also very content and dosnt cry much so I don't think it's the noise waking her either.

Please help. Sorry if it's a bit long and rambling, my brain is fried at the mo.

Millionairerow Fri 19-Dec-14 20:49:14

I wouldn't worry about it...she is eating. All my kids have gone through this and my 2.5 year old (my third child) is following the same pattern. As long as your child is putting on weight, seems bright and alert... They'll grow out of it.

cauliflowerfairy Sat 20-Dec-14 21:16:22

Oh my god thought it was just me! All my daughter wants right now (after a really promising start weaning ) is: Milk, milk, milk, juice. Fruit, milk, fruit, milk. If she even has half a slice if buttered toast in delighted. Just so worried about her protein intake sad she really seems to have aversion to anything meaty. She does have the odd cube of cheese!

Also gets up n wanders around instead of eating at mealtimes. Such a stress but try not to let it show!

Iggly Sat 20-Dec-14 21:21:38

she is also completely sleep deprived getting about 3-4 hours in 24 hours. She is drinking well enough. She is waking up so many times a night screaming and seems to be having rages or out of control screaming. I don't think they are night terrors

Have you taken her to the doctors and ruled out ear infections etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now