Talk

Advanced search

Baby wakes at six for a quick cuddle

(15 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 18-Dec-14 07:58:51

Baby is 8wo and bottle fed. He has a feed at 9pm, wakes at 4am for another one (whoop!!) but then also wakes at six for reasons I am yet to fathom. He refuses milk, I change his bum, give him a cuddle and back down he goes.

Last night I changed his bum at 4, in the hope that he then wouldnt wake to have it done at six. But he still woke at six and was quite shouty. Again, refused bottle, so I just sat on the chair and gave him a cuddle and about 15/20 mins later he was happy to go back down.

He wakes for the day at half seven.

My last dc only woke at night for a feed so I find this all a bit odd. Even at half seven when he wakes he doesnt want a feed - he waits til 10am.

Pastmyduedate0208 Thu 18-Dec-14 23:02:28

That sounds nice! I wish my trouble maker would wake up just for a cuddle.
I get woken up at any hour for the whole range, including being puked on...

NewNameFor2015 Thu 18-Dec-14 23:05:20

Oh! I wish! My little monsters angels wake at 5am and think it's morning! I would love to have a cuddle and then go back to sleep for and hour and a half. Enjoy it! smile

SquirrelSwarm Thu 18-Dec-14 23:07:16

It doesn't sound very odd. Enjoy!

ch1134 Fri 19-Dec-14 11:29:15

What's the problem? Your child will probably never be this easy again. Relax and enjoy.

ch1134 Fri 19-Dec-14 11:30:57

At 8 weeks my baby woke once an hour to feed. At 11 months now, he still often wakes more than yours.

MistletoeBUTNOwine Fri 19-Dec-14 11:32:40

Me too ch!
Saw your thread title and thought "lucky you!"

PiratePanda Fri 19-Dec-14 11:34:07

That really does not sound like a problematic sleep schedule to me! Relax and go with the flow, and enjoy the cuddle. Once he's 13 he'll be ducking your kisses so make the most of it while you can grin

Footlight Fri 19-Dec-14 11:34:43

That sounds lovely. My ds used to do that. I used to pull him into bed with me and just snuggle until it was time to get up.

He still does it, but now he's all bony arms and legs and won't shut up about pokemon.

Iggly Fri 19-Dec-14 11:36:47

He might be cold. Cuddle warms him up and he goes back to sleep.

Elllimam Fri 19-Dec-14 11:39:32

That sounds lovely smile (I have a non sleeper smile )

NewNameFor2015 Fri 19-Dec-14 12:13:51

In reality this is a stealth boast really isn't it op! There is really no issue with that sort of sleep schedule envy

lornathewizzard Sun 21-Dec-14 11:44:06

Hi OP, I understand why you are confused, but it may be just the comfort he is after. My nearly 5mo has a few times woken up about 5 (after being up already for a bottle so not hungry), a few times I have lifted her and she's fallen back asleep, other time she has babbled for a while and gone back to sleep, another I just held her hand from bed! Hope things settle back down.

squizita Sun 21-Dec-14 12:57:39

Mine wakes at 6 for a big yellow runny poo (bf baby) after 2 night feeds.
Wish it was a cuddle! grin
But it sounds pretty normal. Babies don't wake in a neat pattern of X hours. They just have their ways!!!

LittleLionMansMummy Tue 23-Dec-14 13:17:45

When ds began sleeping through he used to wake and chatter to himself for a little while at 5am, then get a bit restless until i gave him a mini feed and a cuddle and he'd go back to sleep for another couple of hours. It was lovely. He's 4 now and i still get all dewy eyed at the memory!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now