Talk

Advanced search

How many times can you watch Frozen - help me distract toddler with chickenpox?

(14 Posts)
slightlyglitterstained Tue 16-Dec-14 11:17:57

DS has chickenpox, so despite lovely sunshine we're stuck inside.

For DS, this is an amazing opportunity to watch Frozen again. And again. And another time. We got it last week and we're already up to seven times in total. At least he's happy!

Can he honestly last all week like this?

Any good suggestions for when he gets bored? He's 2, so enjoys stickers & scribbling but for a limited time.

ASAS Tue 16-Dec-14 11:23:05

2 year old DS home with vomiting here. We're on our second rendition of Frozen so far this morning. We should start a support group.

PS hope he is ok, flippin chicken pox

SocksRock Tue 16-Dec-14 11:34:52

My lot watched the Lego movie 4 times in one day once, when I was too ill to get off the sofa and DH couldn't get off work. It won't kill them.

SocksRock Tue 16-Dec-14 11:51:40

And for further distractions, how about a bath? Get some porridge oats, put them in a sock and let them steep in a hot bath. Add cold and then add toddler. He can splash and play, and the oatmeal will help the scratching.

Fairylea Tue 16-Dec-14 11:55:00

It's monsters inc here (on netflix). Ds aged 2.5 would literally watch it on loop if we let him.....!! He must be the only child in the world who isn't remotely interested in frozen!

MiaowTheCat Tue 16-Dec-14 12:04:46

My 1 1/2 year old has chicken pox at the moment (which will invariably mean it's heading in her 2 1/2 year old sister's direction soon)... I'm climbing the bloody walls and about fit to hoik the pair of them in the back of the car and head through the costa drive through to restore some sanity to myself!

It's Tinkerbell here though - I'd prefer Frozen to be honest.

Seeline Tue 16-Dec-14 12:26:37

If it's nice out I'd bundle him in the buggy and go for a walk. If you keep away from the shops and play areas, you're unlikely to get close enough to anyone to pass it on. I took both mine out when they had it - I had to otherwise I wouldn't have left the house for 4 weeks! failing that - a run round in the garden - decorate a tree for Christmas, feed the birds or chalking in the patio etc.

slightlyglitterstained Tue 16-Dec-14 12:49:22

Sounds like I'm not alone! Frozen second showing about to commence here (while DS ignores his pasta because the first bit fell off his fork).

Porridge bath sounds like a good idea, also I did actually want to see the Lego Movie. Might nip out for it tonight when DH gets home - it's his turn tomorrow so he might appreciate it grin

GregorSamsa Tue 16-Dec-14 12:53:48

Just keep watching Frozen, tbh.

All three of mine had chickenpox at two week intervals - it went on for about six weeks in total. It was around the time Madagascar came out on DVD, and they just watched it on a repeat loop for the duration, slumped on the sofa with their duvets.

It was one of the formative experiences of their childhood - they're teenagers now, and can still hold entire conversations in quotes from Madagascar, complete with all the voices. smile

slightlyglitterstained Tue 16-Dec-14 13:05:04

they're teenagers now, and can still hold entire conversations in quotes from Madagascar, complete with all the voices.

grin

At least I just have one, and DP and I have already had it so once we're done, we're done.

MiaowTheCat Tue 16-Dec-14 14:36:48

Teletubbies on Netflix here. My choices in film got vetoed

slightlyglitterstained Tue 16-Dec-14 17:22:19

Third run of Frozen here. Would be more, but DS still has afternoon nap. Think I prefer it to Teletubbies Miaow!

Hope everyone's DC are doing okay. Apart from the occasional scratch DS seems perfectly content. Managed to trim his nails on one hand before he woke up & grumbled (& went back to sleep with hands safely tucked under his head grin ) so hopefully he won't be able to do too much damage.

Hoping your DS has stopped vomiting by now ASAS! It's so miserable for them being sick.

InvaderZim Tue 16-Dec-14 17:26:20

Try lots of baths! Mine enjoyed a sock filled with oats and tied off, the oat milk stuff that comes out is great for the itches, plus bath fun!

KatyN Tue 16-Dec-14 18:24:14

We played out in deserted spots. It was the only bit that kept me sane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now