Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Help! Is this teething or something serious?

(3 Posts)
Dontforgetyourbrolly Tue 16-Dec-14 06:53:01

Hi ftm here, bit of a worrier!

Ds 10 mo , 2 bottom teeth come through, had all the teething symptoms and was whiney etc for about a week

Now I see the top teeth just showing through the gum. Yesterday he was grumpy , drooling etc but his usual energetic self , into everything.

He woke up at midnight crying and looking uncomfortable, assuming teeth I gave baby nurofen. He couldn't get back to sleep after so I went in to give him a cuddle and he was hot , temp 38.9. I was on the verge of calling the dr out but dp said it's just teething. A few cuddles later his temp goes back to normal and he falls asleep in my arms. Every time I put him back in his cot he woke up crying and wanting cuddles. He had a restless sleep , rubbing his face a lot.

Temp this morning 36c and a nice big ultra smelly poo. He seems energetic as he is beating me up trying to get at this iPad lol.

He's had a cough for a few days hasn't seemed to give him any trouble until now. I've had it too

Sorry this is so long. Is this normal for teething?

mumofboyo Tue 16-Dec-14 08:46:00

I think we tend to blame teething for a lot of problems!
If you're worried, go see your gp - they'll not mind seeing a baby so young and making sure there's nothing wrong. You'll even get some more calpol and calpofen on prescription smile

Dontforgetyourbrolly Tue 16-Dec-14 09:08:24

Thank you for replying. I will take him later if he's still the same x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: