Talk

Advanced search

how do you get toddler out of house when you're on maternity leave??

(4 Posts)
atticusfinchatemybaby Mon 15-Dec-14 08:50:06

At the moment I go to work before DS (3) even wakes up. DH deals with him in the morning and takes him to nursery. He likes nursery but always grumbles a bit about wanting to stay in bed (ah, don't we all) and sometimes has major meltdowns for a few days/weeks where he decides he doesn't want to go at all.
Anyway, I'm starting maternity leave in a few weeks and I know that as soon as DS realises that Mummy is at home (in bed, most likely, and soon enough sharing that bed with an INTERLOPER) there is no way in hell he's going to want to leave the house. I can see his thought process now - "why am I being bumped off to nursery when Mummy is at home?".
Desperate for suggestions from anyone else who has managed this successfully in the past as it's really worrying me.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 15-Dec-14 08:51:41

I think your DH needs to get him up and downstairs asap and you and baby stay in the bedroom til he has gone grin

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 15-Dec-14 08:53:20

Should add, we did this for a few weeks when dc2 came along (dd went to the CMs two days a week) then CM started collecting dd from our house and I now hand her over stil in my jimjams grin and dd happily trots off, so it may not be as bad as you imagine.

atticusfinchatemybaby Mon 15-Dec-14 09:49:50

at the moment if I'm working from home for a day that's what we do - I hide in our bedroom until they're out of the house. But DS isn't an idiot - I don't think I'll be able to hide (with baby) from him for a whole year - our house isn't that big!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now