Talk

Advanced search

How to deal with play dates

(5 Posts)
bumbly Sun 14-Dec-14 20:15:17

Haven't written in years and mumsnet has always helped me. Have a 7 yr old who is well behaved always..except ...when he goes to someone's house with an older boy.

He will follow whatever the older boy says and usually gang up on a little sibling or go bezerk with older boy.

What advice can you give? I always give warning before going somewhere saying he must behave but when there he doesn't listen or shouts "I haven't done anything".

Desperate for some tips on how to control inappropriate behaviour when at someone's house with other lively boys.

He is actually known as the most well behaved at school so why this Jekyll and Hyde?

WipsGlitter Sun 14-Dec-14 20:21:45

Excitement. i think you need to select who you have play dates with carefully. DS has only lovely wee friend but another who's a bit of a whiner.

SavoyCabbage Sun 14-Dec-14 20:29:42

I spoke he knows you can't tell him off till you leave!

My dd2 had a tendency to seek out the older siblings of the dc she was there to play with. I had to drum it into her head that she wasn't there to play with the sibling.

Starlightbright1 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:30:37

Is this one house or lots of houses?

My DS is 7 ..I would stop them for a while.I would explian why...I would also then restart with the boys coming to you so you have some control over his behaviour with these boys and see for yourself what is going on.

DevonFolk Sun 14-Dec-14 20:33:42

I would leave. In fact I have done this in the past. If the behaviour is unaccetable to you and he knows it, give 1 or 2 warnings and then take him home if he can't manage it. It could be that he's over excited and can't cope, or it could be that he thinks he's getting away with it because you won't tell him off in front of his friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now