Talk

Advanced search

Unsure what to do, dd unwell

(7 Posts)
Ringovandingo Sun 14-Dec-14 07:45:45

DD is 2.7 and she's not been well since Thursday. She had a temp which calpol wasn't keeping down and it was making her unable to catch her breath and breathe really fast and she was shaking and saying she was freezing even though she was burning up.

I took her to the gp straight away and he gave me ibuprofen to give her inbetween the calpol and checked her for a rash and any signs of infection but everywhere was clear, he asked me if she's been crying when having a wee which she hasn't.

She's still exactly the same now, she will be burning up and breathing faster then sometimes she will be freezing, she's white as a sheet aswell and just not well at all.

I'm not sure what to do, do I let it go on for another day? Do I take her to out of hours today to be looked at again?

She's my first and she's never been like this before sad

Mrscog Sun 14-Dec-14 07:48:51

I would seek some more help today. 111 is a good port of call and they can get you an out of hours appointment if they think you need one.

listed Sun 14-Dec-14 07:49:33

If you're worried take her to the OOH.

You,won't settle until you do, and 4 days is a decent length of time to be maintaining those symptoms.

I would take her.

afreshstartplease Sun 14-Dec-14 07:49:50

I would take her to the out of hours, I would do this if any of my dc has persistent temperatures and were breathing differently

Is the calpol/ibuprofen getting the temperature down?

kelda Sun 14-Dec-14 07:50:22

I would get her to a doctor as soon as possible.

MonkeyPuzzler Sun 14-Dec-14 07:51:37

I would seek advice again. If you get an appointment I would take a wee sample with you just so they can check for UTI. I hope she feels better soon.

Ringovandingo Sun 14-Dec-14 07:55:24

It does but she burns up again as soon as it wears off!

She's chatting away happily now she has the odd hour where she's fine then goes downhill again

Thanks all going to phone 111

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now